The Newest Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer is All About Exploration and Discovery

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Newest Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer is All About Exploration and Discovery

The latest trailer in the Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Series focuses on exploration and discovery.

We're just over two weeks away from the launch of Mass Effect: Andromeda, and although Bioware has canceled the game's multiplayer beta [], it is still rolling that latest trailer in the "gameplay series." This installment is focused on how you'll explore the galaxy in the upcoming sci-fi RPG.

There will be over 100 planets and other space bodies, including moons. Out of those planets, a "handful" of worlds can be landed on. One nice touch: all of the things in the system that you're in are viewable out the windows of your spaceship. Each planet will also include sidequests and challenges.

The example in the video is a harsh, desert world named Elaaden. You'll find the Krogan there, and fight to survive in the oppressive heat. You'll need to befriend the locals, solve environmental problems, and eventually build an outpost.

You can check out the video above, and prepare yourself for the launch of Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC< PS4, and Xbox One on March 21.

[gallery=7017]

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Well, shit.

I went and got excited about this game, and I'm probably gonna regret getting it on day one.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
SlumlordThanatos said:
Well, shit.

I went and got excited about this game, and I'm probably gonna regret getting it on day one.
Could always do what I do - get excited, but wait a week for all the reviews and public opinion to get out on it. 'Cautious optimism' is what I like to call that.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
It looks good. It looks really good. But I heard, "Blaze your own trail" and I immediately thought, 'Oh, you mean like what you guys DIDN'T do in the ending to the original trilogy?'
I want this game to be good, but I'm not buying it right away. I am going to wait, for once in my life, and see what the general opinion is on it.

On a side note, is the game going to explain why their are Krogan, humans, and probably other familiar races all the way out here? I know it's not impossible, but...it just seems weird, considering how long your crew has been traveling in hyper sleep just to get here.

Sep 14, 2009
MC1980 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
It looks good. It looks really good. But I heard, "Blaze your own trail" and I immediately thought, 'Oh, you mean like what you guys DIDN'T do in the ending to the original trilogy?'
I want this game to be good, but I'm not buying it right away. I am going to wait, for once in my life, and see what the general opinion is on it.

On a side note, is the game going to explain why their are Krogan, humans, and probably other familiar races all the way out here? I know it's not impossible, but...it just seems weird, considering how long your crew has been traveling in hyper sleep just to get here.
There were 4(or 5?) arks, you are the last one to arrive, the others have already set up shop. 1 of the arks is a mini Citadel.

Now what I'd like them to explain, is where they got the resources, technology and time to make them, plus why the fuck they decided to use them during/right after ME2.
yeah this definitely rang some alarms in my head, after all the shit the council gives you about "reapers", all the sudden there are 5 fucking amazing arks sent out before ME3?

dafuq.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
gmaverick019 said:
MC1980 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

There were 4(or 5?) arks, you are the last one to arrive, the others have already set up shop. 1 of the arks is a mini Citadel.

Now what I'd like them to explain, is where they got the resources, technology and time to make them, plus why the fuck they decided to use them during/right after ME2.
yeah this definitely rang some alarms in my head, after all the shit the council gives you about "reapers", all the sudden there are 5 fucking amazing arks sent out before ME3?

dafuq.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Andromeda_Initiative

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I wonder if they will Konami us, and make it that you have to do online Multiplayer to increase Single Player. I know they did something similar with ME3, but you could get the best ending without touching MP.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Probably the best looking thing I've seen from this game yet. I like the idea of unfreezing survivors to run the settlements, it fits with the theme and has a lot of potential for fun roleplaying.

Really, Andromeda looks like it's focusing exactly on what I wanted to see from a post-ME3 game; exploration. The only problem is it's an open world game coming out in the middle of a glut of them. I've already got Horizon, I'm going to be good for open worlds for a little while.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
pookie101 said:
now that trailer is more like it.. mass effect goes star trek :D
I think Mass Effect has been "going Star Trek" since day 1. Well, that, coupled with Babylon 5.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Damn, facial animations aren't just bad. They look more like facial tics. They can't even blink without making it look like there's something wrong with them.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Kingjackl said:
it's an open world game coming out in the middle of a glut of them.
Despite it looking like it, Bioware have said that it isn't open world. And that the areas we visit are more like the explorable planets in ME1.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
008Zulu said:
Kingjackl said:
it's an open world game coming out in the middle of a glut of them.
Despite it looking like it, Bioware have said that it isn't open world. And that the areas we visit are more like the explorable planets in ME1.
sounds like the world sections you have in DAI if anything

im hoping that they actually test it with mouse and keyboard this time.. they didnt with DAI and it basically made melee characters unplayable if you didnt use a controller

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
pookie101 said:
basically made melee characters unplayable if you didnt use a controller
I wonder if any of the melee character classes from ME3 MP will make it in to the single player. Be interesting to run around with a pair of whips.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
008Zulu said:
pookie101 said:
basically made melee characters unplayable if you didnt use a controller
I wonder if any of the melee character classes from ME3 MP will make it in to the single player. Be interesting to run around with a pair of whips.
i dont know about paired whips but they are introducing melee weapons this time

Sep 14, 2009
Hawki said:
gmaverick019 said:
MC1980 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

dafuq.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Andromeda_Initiative
I appreciate that info, however that doesn't explain the absolute perfect timing of it nor was it ever brought up prior to this game, a project of this undertaking would've been stumbled upon at some point, or it would've been mentioned "well, the reapers got us, hopefully the arks will be okay/figure out a way to end the reapers." in some sort of way.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
gmaverick019 said:
MC1980 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

dafuq.
The council was lying to you to your face, at least if you believe that video you find during the ME3 Citdel DLC.

Now, why they were lying to you is still unexplained, unless they believed you were working for Cerberus and thus compromised. And since you did end up working for cereberus anyway....

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
The Lunatic said:
"Hundreds of worlds to explore!"

"Handful of crafted worlds..."

So, which is it..?
i read it as a 100 planets to explore with a handful of very detailed hub worlds and quest locations