Prepare to Be Scared: Outlast 2 Releasing in April Alongside Outlast Trinity

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Prepare to Be Scared: Outlast 2 Releasing in April Alongside Outlast Trinity

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1387/1387101.jpgRed Barrels has announced that Outlast 2 will release in late April alongside the Outlast Trinity collection.

Outlast 2 was originally slated for launch in the fall of last year, but back in August, the game was delayed into early 2017 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168075-Outlast-2-Has-Been-Delayed-to-Early-2017]. Today, Red Barrels has announced that the much-anticipated horror game will launch late next month.

Much like its predecessor, Outlast 2 will put you in the shoes of an investigative journalist, but this time around you'll be part of a husband-wife team, Blake and Lynn Langermann. After heading into the Arizona desert to look into the murder of a pregnant woman, Blake and Lynn are separated after a helicopter crash. As Blake tries to find his wife, he can't fight back, and can only use his camcorder to see in the dark.

Alongside the release of Outlast 2 will be Outlast Trinity. Trinity is a physical series bundle that packs Outlast, Outlast: Whistleblower, and Outlast 2 into one box. While Trinity won't come to PC, it will be available on PS4 and Xbox One for $40.

Outlast 2 is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on April 25, and will run you $30.

[gallery=7025]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Squeee!! Already have the first two, and the demo was quite promising. Red Barrels have earned a bit of trust that they can keep things well paced and highly polished with sufficiently disquieting imagery. [small]And it's around my birthday! More Squeeeeeee![/small]

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Ooh, a forty dollar Outlast collection.

Well, I already have Outlast and Whistleblower on my PC but it'd be nice to have 'em on console and that's not too steep.

Mar 26, 2008
Outlast is probably the most tense and frightening game I've every played. I've got nerves of steel too and not much raises my heart-rate, but that game was something else.