Check Out the Weapons of Alien: Covenant

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Check Out the Weapons of Alien: Covenant

Our friends over at Break.com analyze the Alien: Covenant trailer to see just what weaponry the colonists will have to fight back.

We're just over a couple of months away from seeing Break.com [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169144-Alien-Covenant-Trailer-Released] have been doing some of the work for us. They've analyzed the trailers for the upcoming film, and compiled a list of five weapons that the colonists will be able to use to defend themselves against the alien threat.

The official plot synopsis of the film reads, "Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant, which includes Walter, an android similar to David who was the sole survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition, find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. It soon reveals itself to be a dangerous world inhabited by the original David and monstrous creatures that start to hunt them."

Alien: Covenant is coming to theaters on May 19, but if you need something to scratch you Alien itch until then, may we humbly suggest watching Yahtzee judge its cover [http://ims.themis-media.com/module/96/ims_news/view?id=168949]?

[gallery=7032]

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
"Will their weapons be enough to save them?"
Pssh, of course not. The whole point of--
"Not likely."
...Oh, okay then. You guys already got that.

So can we safely assume that cloak guy with grenade launcher is David?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Sniper Team 4 said:
So can we safely assume that cloak guy with grenade launcher is David?
If he managed to get himself a new body since Prometheus, maybe. Last time we saw him, he was kind of missing the everything from the neck down.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
"Remote Planet". "Uncharted Paradise". "no protective, isolating suits to make sure you don't get infected with any unknown disease/microorganism".

"SciFi".

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Hope the movie won't suck. Then again, I like Prometheus, so perhaps I have lower standards than others.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
An important life lesson for colonists: When going on a colonizing mission remember to take the M14 DMR and not the fully automatic assault rifle. Not sure if either would help against aliens due to the carapace, but at least the DMR can be used against a larger number of potential threats in a wilderness than an Assault Rifle while also being more conservative on ammo. Probably would have taken a carbine as the small arms choice, but again, the only reason I could think of for taking a small arms weapon on a colonization mission is to deal with other colonists...

Now that I'm thinking about it, who brings a grenade launcher on an exploration ship? oo;