Left 4 Dead's Bill Returns as a Dead by Daylight Guest Character

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Left 4 Dead's Bill Returns as a Dead by Daylight Guest Character

Left 4 Dead's iconic Bill returns in cult horror survival game Dead by Daylight.

In a free update dubbed "Left Behind", Left 4 Dead's Bill Overbeck has been added as a new survivor to cult horror survival game Dead by Daylight [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dead%20by%20daylight?os=dead+by+daylight]. "It is such an honor for us to partner up with Valve and bring you Bill Overbeck. Like most gamers out there, we are huge fans of Left 4 Dead," wrote Behaviour Interactive's Mathieu Cote.

"Early on in this project, we promised we would be as generous as we can when it comes to new content and we've stayed true to that. Enjoy the awesome new stuff! You deserve it. This community is amazing and large and vibrant and loud and we love all of it (yes, even you)."

In addition to Bill, some of the existing Dead by Daylight survivors are getting some Left 4 Dead-themed costumes. Check them out below:

Cote says Bill's character perks were designed to "represent very well what Bill is all about," namely his sacrifice for his team and being the "tough, gritty guy who never gives up." One of Bill's perks is "a game changer" for the game's meta, he added.

Source: Dead by Daylight [http://www.deadbydaylight.com/leftbehind/]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Well, that's nice and all but the option menu is sadly still crap. No way of chosing your actual resolution, changing your keybinds, communicating with your team... If all of that would be solved, this might be a reason for me to give the game a try but considering how downright hostile the game is to the player in regards to changing settings, I won't bother.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
> Article is called "Left 4 Dead's Bill Returns as a Dead by Daylight Guest Character"
> Thumbnail shows Zoey
> What is up with that?

But seriously, that trailer was actually kinda cool. Of course, it is entirely not canon, because I cant imagine that the L4D infected would just go, "nah, hes just knocked out, we'll leave him alone", but it is still nice to see Bill back, and I like to believe.

As for the game, can't say that im interested. Something about it just looks janky and unintuitive. I dunno.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Laggyteabag said:
> Article is called "Left 4 Dead's Bill Returns as a Dead by Daylight Guest Character"
> Thumbnail shows Zoey
> What is up with that?

But seriously, that trailer was actually kinda cool. Of course, it is entirely not canon, because I cant imagine that the L4D infected would just go, "nah, hes just knocked out, we'll leave him alone", but it is still nice to see Bill back, and I like to believe.

As for the game, can't say that im interested. Something about it just looks janky and unintuitive. I dunno.
Well, if you read the rest of the article, you notice that four of the other characters get L4D survivor outfits - one of them being Zoey (because she's kind of the face of the franchise overall, I feel)

And considering the canon of DBD, it's makes more sense for Bill to be here because he died in L4D than not.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Jake Park as Francis just looks weird.

Beyond that, Bill's unique perks look pretty decent. It'll be nice if the devs find a way to buff Killers more, but Bill's perks didn't destabilize the already tilted Survivor balance that already exists. At least, I don't think so, but many others disagree.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Given that Bill is a carrier of the infection, wouldn't this mean that all the people in the game are screwed and are going to turn anyway.