DuckTales And More Return in Capcom's Disney Afternoon Collection

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
DuckTales And More Return in Capcom's Disney Afternoon Collection

Old school Disney classics Duck Tales, TaleSpin, Chip N Dale and Darkwing Duck return in the Disney Afternoon Collection.

If you played DukTales Remastered [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/10514-DuckTales-Remastered-Review-Like-a-Hurricane] and thought "hey this is great, but I sure would love to play the original DuckTales," then you're in luck, as Capcom has just announced the Disney Afternoon Collection, containing HD versions of the six classic Disney games.

The games included in the collection are Duck Tales 1 & 2, TaleSpin, Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers 1 & 2 and Darkwing Duck. The restored classic games feature crisp 1080p HD support and include all-new modes. It's out on April 18 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One for $19.99.

All six games are new and improved HD versions of the originals and feature a number of filtering options that replicate a classic retro look and feel. This collection also offers new ways to play with Boss Rush and Time Attack modes for each game," wrote Capcom in a press release.

[gallery=7052]

"In Boss Rush mode, players battle through challenging boss encounters consecutively, while Time Attack mode encourages time-based gameplay and provides online leaderboards that track the fastest times for each game. A new "Rewind" feature makes these challenging titles more accessible for newcomers, with the option to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders. Additionally, the in-game Disney Museum will provide history buffs with a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases, such as concept art, advertisements, character art, and music - all preserved in their original glory."

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oh neat, I loved the originals back in the day. Oddly enough one of my favorite childhood memories is playing the first rescue rangers game while it was lightly raining outside.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Anyone find it ironic that this massive collection of NES games isn't coming to the Switch?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Scrooge McDuck, emboldened by his victory over Shovel Knight, decides to take on the world, once more.

Steven Bogos said:
Your images appear to be borked.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
First the Megaman classics. Now this. Capcom... do I smell the MMX rerelease around the corner maybe?

Nov 28, 2007
I'm kind of sad that QuackShot isn't included in that. Then again, I have no idea where the rights to that are. Ah, well, still a pretty awesome thing.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
thebobmaster said:
I'm kind of sad that QuackShot isn't included in that. Then again, I have no idea where the rights to that are. Ah, well, still a pretty awesome thing.
If this succeeds, we might get a Sega Disney collection. This is just Disney Afternoon games for NES(was hoping they'd add in Goof Troop, great game).

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
RaikuFA said:
thebobmaster said:
If this succeeds, we might get a Sega Disney collection. This is just Disney Afternoon games for NES(was hoping they'd add in Goof Troop, great game).
Agreed, good game. Sort of a Zelda Four Swords avant la lettre. Sadly, there's only 2 SNES games based on a Disney Afternoon show, ando only one worth your while. Genesis does a little better with 3 titles, but haven't played any of those, so not going to judge.