Nathan Drake Won't Make an Appearance in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Nathan Drake Won't Make an Appearance in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Uncharted protagonist Nathan Drake won't be appearing in the upcoming standalone adventure at all.

Back in December [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168968-Uncharted-The-Lost-Legacy-Coming-Next-year], Naughty Dog announced its "biggest story expansion to-date" - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. The expansion will star Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' Chloe Frazer, teaming up with Nadine Ross from Uncharted 4, on a mission to recover the Tusk of Ganesh in India, but Naughty Dog has stated that it will be keeping one promise - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was the end of Nathan Drake's journey.

Over on the PlayStation blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/20/first-look-at-uncharted-the-lost-legacy/], Naughty Dog confirmed that Drake will not be making an appearance at all, in any form, in the upcoming game.

"We entertained a few possible ideas around including Nate as a secondary character," said writer Josh Scherr. "But everything we did felt superfluous because we tied it all up with Uncharted 4."

"We're not going to touch on Nathan Drake in this, at all," added Game Director Kurt Margenau.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be released later this year exclusively on PlayStation 4.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Oh, just an expansion. I never pick these- Chloe? This will star Chloe? God damn it. I love Chloe. I was really annoyed that she only got an offhanded mention in Uncharted 4. Now, I might actually have to pick this up.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Uncharted 4 wrapped up the character nicely, good that they're not undoing or belittling that.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I approve of this. Nathan's story ended perfectly, and dragging him back into ANY sort of adventure undermines the whole thing. The most I would be willing to settle for would be if they bring him up in dialogue, or maybe have Chloe give him a call just to catch up.

I didn't really like how Nadine's story ended in Uncharted 4--too abrupt I feel--so I'm really excited to see how they continue her character with this.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Sniper Team 4 said:
I didn't really like how Nadine's story ended in Uncharted 4--too abrupt I feel--so I'm really excited to see how they continue her character with this.
I'm a bit conflicted with her. I liked her all the way until the end, but then she locked Nate, Sam, and Rafe in a fucking death trap. As in, out of pure spite. How the fuck are we supposed to empathize with her after that? And considering what happened to Rafe and Nate being out of the biz, I don't see any chance of redemption for her.