World of Warcraft 7.2 Patch Coming Next Week with Tomb of Sargeras

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
World of Warcraft 7.2 Patch Coming Next Week with Tomb of Sargeras

The next World of Warcraft patch will return players to the Broken Shore to open the Tomb of Sargeras.

The long-awaited patch 7.2 for World of Warcraft is headed to the live servers next week. While it brings the Tomb of Sargeras raid, that addition won't be available at launch. Instead, players will have to head back to the Broken Shore, where the Legion expansion began.

As you can see in the trailer above, Kil'Jaeden has decided it's time to take out Azeroth, and you've got to stop him. You'll do that by constructing defenses, continuing your class hall quest, gathering supplies, and the like. You'll even be able to loot an item that lets you open portals that beam in enemies from the Burning Legion command ship. Defeating them will get you a new portal with more powerful enemies, and continuing to do so will eventually end with a raid boss for you to defeat.

Completing the opening scenario and quests will grant you access to the Cathedral of Eternal Night, the new dungeon in this patch. Eventually, the Tomb of Sargeras will open, and then the real fun will begin.

The new patch is set to roll out on Tuesday, March 28. You can find all the info on the patch in Blizzard's preview on the official website [https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20602168/patch-7-2-preview-return-to-the-broken-shore].

[gallery=7092]

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Oh shit. I hate WoW now, but even I have to admit, The Tomb of Sargeras is a hardcore place. It's full of crazed demons defending the remains of their titan god.

The demon portal system is reminiscent of RIFT rifts. You open a small portal, get some planar monies and buy a lure to open up a raid portal.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Imre Csete said:
I see some staff that looks like Atiesh, who is the current Guardian?
That is Atiesh, and that's Kadgar, Medivh's old apprentice. He's not a Guardian though, there are no more Guardians. Check out his "Harbingers" cinematic for a little backstory on that: https://youtu.be/UW5IYrgOgYU

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
WNxSajuukCor said:
Imre Csete said:
That is Atiesh, and that's Kadgar, Medivh's old apprentice. He's not a Guardian though, there are no more Guardians. Check out his "Harbingers" cinematic for a little backstory on that: https://youtu.be/UW5IYrgOgYU
I thought they started to make book/comics characters hard canon, I remember Medivh having a kid.

Anyways, WarCraft lore got all kinds of boinkers since I've stopped ages ago, who know what will they pull out from the idea box down the line.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Imre Csete said:
WNxSajuukCor said:
Imre Csete said:
I thought they started to make book/comics characters hard canon, I remember Medivh having a kid.

Anyways, WarCraft lore got all kinds of boinkers since I've stopped ages ago, who know what will they pull out from the idea box down the line.
The most Bonkers was Warlords of Draenor. Time Travel isn't WOWs strong suits and WOD was the lowest it got.

But anyway, FUCKIN KIL'JAEDEN!!!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So the Burning Legion has spaceships now?

I know that's technically not new, and even WC1 was based on the premise of orcs emerging through a portal from another world, but as someone who spent most of Warcraft on the RTS games, the series has got more and more outlandish. :(

But, on the other hand, if Kil'jaeden is talking with Sargeras, and is getting miffed at Sargeras (though the Legion has triumphed pretty much everywhere bar Azeroth, so what's he complaining about?), that could be interesting.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:

I know that's technically not new, and even WC1 was based on the premise of orcs emerging through a portal from another world, but as someone who spent most of Warcraft on the RTS games, the series has got more and more outlandish. :(

But, on the other hand, if Kil'jaeden is talking with Sargeras, and is getting miffed at Sargeras (though the Legion has triumphed pretty much everywhere bar Azeroth, so what's he complaining about?), that could be interesting.
Its intrinsic to the whole lore of the series.

Outer Space exists called the Great Dark Beyond and Legion exists in this astral dimension that exists Beyond it called the Twisting Nether.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

Outer Space exists called the Great Dark Beyond and Legion exists in this astral dimension that exists Beyond it called the Twisting Nether.
I'm well aware of how the Great Dark and Twisting Nether function. They've always been part of the setting, if not named. It's the style that sets it apart from how Warcraft began. When the Legion invaded in WC3, they had to be summoned by Archimonde, infernals raining from the sky. In The Burning Crusade, the Legion used Draenor as a staging ground. Here, they invade with spaceships. And yes, ships capable of traveling through the Great Dark have existed in lore as long as the Exodar, but there's a very different style in presentation, almost borderline science fantasy.

Warcraft's carved more of an identity for itself since WC1, but it's generally become more outlandish along the way. Sometimes that works (e.g. the cinematic intro to Legion - yes, the Alliance and Horde have airships, but a precedent for that was established as early as WC2), whereas here it's...eh?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Sooo excited... Glad to see they're doing new things with that whatever-billion dollar monthly revenue they have. /s

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
It's a shame I quit already. Could not stand the dumbing down class playstyles and the removal of abilitys and throwing them onto Diablo style RNG Legendarys that have a high diminishing returns on the droprate.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

I'm well aware of how the Great Dark and Twisting Nether function. They've always been part of the setting, if not named. It's the style that sets it apart from how Warcraft began. When the Legion invaded in WC3, they had to be summoned by Archimonde, infernals raining from the sky. In The Burning Crusade, the Legion used Draenor as a staging ground. Here, they invade with spaceships. And yes, ships capable of traveling through the Great Dark have existed in lore as long as the Exodar, but there's a very different style in presentation, almost borderline science fantasy.

Warcraft's carved more of an identity for itself since WC1, but it's generally become more outlandish along the way. Sometimes that works (e.g. the cinematic intro to Legion - yes, the Alliance and Horde have airships, but a precedent for that was established as early as WC2), whereas here it's...eh?
I think - and admittedly this is mostly conjecture - it's along the lines of the scale of the invasion and the type of it? Like, when Archimonde was stomping around he was fully capable of summoning demons in by himself, and was more focused on destroying the World Tree as a prelude to a full-scale assault; the Burning Crusade was using the Dark Portal to invade Azeroth, but was limited by the size/strength of the portal and the fact that the ruins of Draenor wasn't a legion stronghold. Meanwhile this invasion seems to be a full-on assault by the Burning Legion, led by Guldan and with The Tomb of Sargeras being a staging point directly connected to the fortress world of Argus. Hence why Kiljaden is able to send a half-dozen ships through, he's got a main-line straight to the Legion's armies right in the middle of the Broken Isles.

Plus, with the ships, it's important to remember that the Eredar were the Draenai, and still have the same level of technology - the ships have a... not quite similar design to the Exodar but there are some similarities, just less crystals and more demonic steel, and use demonic portals to bombard things/transport troops instead of conventional weaponry.

...So, yeah, it's... gotten a little space-fantasy nowadays, since the vast, galaxy-spanning demonic army turns out to be like a more-fiery version of the Tyranids, but still *kinda* follows some kind of logic. And on the plus side, if they keep going down the space-fantasy route maybe we'll get an expansion pack set in the Koprulu sector? World of Warcraft: Starcraft 3, where we enlist the aid of the Protoss to push back the Void Lords, or something.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Next week? Fuck, I was hoping to be finished with Breath of the Wild before the next patch came out.

Oh well. Not like I'm a hardcore raider or anything like that.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Wrex Brogan said:
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

I think - and admittedly this is mostly conjecture - it's along the lines of the scale of the invasion and the type of it? Like, when Archimonde was stomping around he was fully capable of summoning demons in by himself, and was more focused on destroying the World Tree as a prelude to a full-scale assault; the Burning Crusade was using the Dark Portal to invade Azeroth, but was limited by the size/strength of the portal and the fact that the ruins of Draenor wasn't a legion stronghold. Meanwhile this invasion seems to be a full-on assault by the Burning Legion, led by Guldan and with The Tomb of Sargeras being a staging point directly connected to the fortress world of Argus. Hence why Kiljaden is able to send a half-dozen ships through, he's got a main-line straight to the Legion's armies right in the middle of the Broken Isles.

Plus, with the ships, it's important to remember that the Eredar were the Draenai, and still have the same level of technology - the ships have a... not quite similar design to the Exodar but there are some similarities, just less crystals and more demonic steel, and use demonic portals to bombard things/transport troops instead of conventional weaponry.

...So, yeah, it's... gotten a little space-fantasy nowadays, since the vast, galaxy-spanning demonic army turns out to be like a more-fiery version of the Tyranids, but still *kinda* follows some kind of logic. And on the plus side, if they keep going down the space-fantasy route maybe we'll get an expansion pack set in the Koprulu sector? World of Warcraft: Starcraft 3, where we enlist the aid of the Protoss to push back the Void Lords, or something.
And besides we have been in a completely alien world before in the form of Outland.

The Orcs and Ogres are technically Greenskinned Space Aliens.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Hawki said:
Here, they invade with spaceships.
Sort of? I remember walking around in them, some quests in Suramar(?) let you do that, and they're more like buildings that move. They're open to the air too, they just sort of teleport in through portals than actually fly. The ships of the Erodar(?) from Burning Crusade were more like ships, like those dungeons and that raid in Netherstorm.