April Fools! Or Not... as Rick and Morty Season 3 Premiers

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
April Fools! Or Not... as Rick and Morty Season 3 Premiers

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1393/1393558.jpg
In a kind of reverse April Fools joke, the first episode of Rick and Morty Season 3 premiered last night.

Fans of Adult Swim's Adult Swim's streaming service [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/rick%20and%20morty?os=%20rick%20and%20morty] and continuously looped all night.

Fans of the show, who are used to being trolled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169588-Rick-And-Morty-Season-3-Opening-Scene] by the creators, were expecting the episode to cut out at any moment, with Rick proclaiming it as an elaborate joke. But rest assured, this was the real deal, and was the actual, full version of episode one.

Unfortunately, for those of you hoping that episode 2 will follow next week, the official Rick and Morty Twitter has confirmed [https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/848613380260679680] that the rest of the season won't air until this summer.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/848613380260679680]

If you missed it last night, you can still catch the episode after the season 2 finale airs during today's Adult Swim's all-day back to back Rick and Morty marathon [http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/rick-and-morty].

Source: Adult Swim [http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/rick-and-morty]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Honestly this is one of those shows I would describe as too...try-hardy. Like its funny and all, but in very small doses. Like one episode every two or three weeks.
More than that I just find myself exhausted at the, if not predictableness, than the mundanity of the every day episode.

LTenhet

Jun 26, 2012
Kind of annoying they decided to cut out Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball Super until next week though, 5 hours of the same episode of Rick and Morty is a little much, as good as it is that it'll be back.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
FriendoftheFallen said:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm so happy something decent is out now that the regular programming hits the mid season crap slump. Rick and Morty may just be the best thing on television currently. A comedy Twilight Zone/Outer Limits.
nah man the current best thing on tv is the new Samurai Jack

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
What annoyed me about it is that it starts out like something had already happened so I kept switching it off since I thought I had missed an episode. Also, where was my Samurai Jack?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
What I don't get is what they had to loop that episode 6 more times (3 hours) instead of it once? That way we get both of our demension hoping duo and the wandering Samurai!

Worgen said:
Also, where was my Samurai Jack?
LTenhet said:
Kind of annoying they decided to cut out Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball Super until next week though, 5 hours of the same episode of Rick and Morty is a little much, as good as it is that it'll be back.
Caramel Frappe said:
The April Fools joke felt overkill really, since they cut out Samurai Jack to play a rerun of this episode for 5 hours.
Like you made us not only miss a new episode but you're going to delay it until next Saturday due to the April Fools joke?

Freaken huge middle finger to us fans.
Meh, if we can handle years without the Samurai in our lives, waiting a week longer for a new episode should be nothing compared to those waiting for season 3!

As for the episode itself, despite a certain naysayer on here, I was glad by the pleasant April Fools suprise and yeah it was worth the wait! I loved it was abit similar to The Venture Brothers special with that space station in that they both make callback to the previous seasons!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Honestly this is one of those shows I would describe as too...try-hardy. Like its funny and all, but in very small doses. Like one episode every two or three weeks.
More than that I just find myself exhausted at the, if not predictableness, than the mundanity of the every day episode.
To me the show it too much of a regurgitation of all kinds of adult Comedies I have already seen, Futurama is the closet comparison I can make. But here its paying homage to Back to the Future.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
I can't say I'm too crazy about it, I really like the show but didn't think to watch it last night due to basketball. So I have to find out about it later, and they didn't show it later in the night. Trying to just pull up the episode now seems to be a pain if you don't want to figure out a 15 hour streaming schedule.

It might have just been annoying to me and a pleasant surprise to everyone else, still seems like kind of a dick move to show a season premiere of a beloved show with no prior warning, and then not show it again or put it up anywhere for easy viewing later.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
To me the show it too much of a regurgitation of all kinds of adult Comedies I have already seen, Futurama is the closet comparison I can make. But here its paying homage to Back to the Future.
I would love to know which part of that episode was paying homage or for that matter in any way shape or form reminded anyone of anything in the Back To The Future movies because having watched the episode, I can assure you that at no point during any part of it did I go huh that was kinda like Back To The Future.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'm kinda in the middle here. On the one hand, I was annoyed Samurai Jack was put off for another week (better than waiting years, though), on the other... eh, I've been waiting a while for this new season, so... eh.

Should have been expecting a trick like that on April Fool's Day to be honest.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I was pissed. I thought they had screwed up. The TV guide said Jack was on, On Demand said Jack was on, and I even saw the episode description when checking the episode (sounds like what I expected to happen, happens). I watched the whole episode of Rick and Morty, thinking maybe Samurai Jack would just be on at 11:30. Nope.

It wasn't until I went online around 11:40 that I finally realized what they were doing and my anger went away. While I'm a bit annoyed at having to wait another week, I do give Adult Swim full points for pulling this off. Especially after reading tweets about how people didn't believe this was actually happening.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Am I the only person in this thread that doesn't care about Samurai Jack getting pushed back? Great premiere by the way.

Oct 22, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
It wasn't until I went online around 11:40 that I finally realized what they were doing and my anger went away. While I'm a bit annoyed at having to wait another week, I do give Adult Swim full points for pulling this off. Especially after reading tweets about how people didn't believe this was actually happening.
It's impressive that they've managed to give both fanbases a hard on with one joke, and then they left them hanging.
Except we will only have to wait one week for next Jack, while ep2 of s3 or R&M won't be aired til summer.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
This is probably the best season premiere for a show I've ever watched.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I loved the premiere... say, does anyone else have a sudden strange craving for chicken nuggets and szechwan sauce?

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm among the people who were upset that Jack got recorded over but at the same time, I think that's pretty damn clever.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Ukomba said:
I loved the premiere... say, does anyone else have a sudden strange craving for chicken nuggets and szechwan sauce?

Pretty much everyone who watched Rick and Morty hahahahaha. Not my picture though just came across it this morning after watching the episode.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
What is... TV?

Seriously, I haven't turned on my TV in a few years. If there's a TV series I want to see I either watch it on YouTube or Netflix.