Dishonored 2 is Getting a Free Trial

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dishonored 2 is Getting a Free Trial

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1376/1376956.jpg
From April 6, you'll be able to play the first three missions of Dishonored 2 absolutely free.

If you are still on the fence about Arkane Studio's Dishonored 2, the good news is you'll soon be able to try-before-you-buy. Starting from April 6, a trial version of the game will be made available to gamers on all of its platforms. The trial consists of the game's first three missions, and you'll be able to play them as either Corvo or Emily.

Of course, if you decide to upgrade to the full game during or after the free trial, you'll keep all of the saves made during the trial, and can continue enjoying Dishonored 2's campaign from where they left off.

You can download the trial over at the Steam store [https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dishonored-2/cid=UP1003-CUSA03642_00-DISHONORED2NAMER] as soon as it goes live. There are no restrictions on how long you can play the trial for, so you can replay those first three missions as many times as you want.

[gallery=7141]

Three missions is actually pretty generous of Bethesda. Considering there are only nine missions in the whole game, you get to play the first third of it for free. The game also struggled with technical issues on certain hardware configurations, so the trial is a great way to make sure it will run smoothly on your PC before committing to a purchase.

Source: Bethesda [https://bethesda.net/en/article/5w7Esw8j5KmWq8o0oie6ck/dishonored-2-free-trial]

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
This is not a bad idea at all.

If nier automata did something similar Id take a punt on it. Without a trial I wont risk it not working.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Cool. I'm getting it just to make sure how well it would run on my rig.

fractal_butterfly

Sep 4, 2010
A playable Demo? In this day and age? What is this sorcery?

You remember, when it was normal to give out playable demos?

Ecks

Feb 9, 2017
bjj hero said:

If nier automata did something similar Id take a punt on it. Without a trial I wont risk it not working.
But it does, there is a playable Nier Automata demo since early in the year.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So this is a permanent thing is it?

Ecks said:
bjj hero said:

On the PSStore, and either i couldnt find it or it was the US store only.

And of course im not certain if it didnt pull a Nioh and remove the demo after the released.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Ecks said:
bjj hero said:

Interesting. I knew there was a ps4 demo but couldnt find one on steam.

Are you sure?

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Consider me surprised. But it's a step in the right direction that should've been done a long time ago. I wonder if DOOM kickstarted this trend again?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Remember back when games had demos frequently enough that it wasn't newsworthy?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Ecks

Feb 9, 2017
gigastar said:
So this is a permanent thing is it?

Ecks said:
bjj hero said:

On the PSStore, and either i couldnt find it or it was the US store only.

And of course im not certain if it didnt pull a Nioh and remove the demo after the released.
It's Still there, it's called the "NieR: Automata? DEMO 120161128" and I live in Europe so it's definitely not US only.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Nice. I'll actually use this to see if the terrible performance problems affect my PC too. If not, I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Ecks said:
It's Still there, it's called the "NieR: Automata? DEMO 120161128" and I live in Europe so it's definitely not US only.
Thank you kindly. I will check it out.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Oh that's cool maybe they could also fix the buggy environment in the conservatory mission whilst they're at it so that it doesn't deadlock and shut down the game and people's progress. :/