New Prey Trailer Shows us The Weapons And Gadgets of Talos I

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
New Prey Trailer Shows us The Weapons And Gadgets of Talos I

The Hardware Labs trailer gives us a closer look at some of the cooler gadgets you'll get to play with in Prey.

The last Prey trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169810-Prey-Typhon-Research-Trailer#&gid=gallery_7054&pid=1] gave us a look at some of the dangerous Typhon organisms you'll be fighting aboard Talos I. Now, the Hardware Labs trailer shows us some of the cooler gadgets we'll have at our disposal when fighting said Typhon.

The first gadget is the Transcribe unit, which is essentially your HUD throughout the game, and the UI for maps, inventory, and enhancements. The Recycler Charge is a cool little grenade like doodad that sucks in enemies and items and recycles them into usable resources.

The Engineering Operators are the robots of Talos I, and it looks like they will be both friend and foe depending on the status of the space station.

The Gloo Cannon is a very interesting weapon that can both freeze enemies, and alter the terrain, by shooting an expanding foam substance. Finally, the Typhon Lure is another grenade weapon, this time functioning as a "lure" that attracts and distracts nearby Typhon.

Prey will be available on May 5, 2017, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.