New Dawn of War III Trailers Show Off the Multiplayer Experience

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Dawn of War III Trailers Show Off the Multiplayer Experience

Relic has rolled out two new trailers showing off multiplayer in Dawn of War 3.

The multiplayer beta for Dawn of War III is just a couple of weeks away [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169987-Warhammer-40-000-Dawn-of-War-3-Open-Beta-Dates], and Relic is showing off just what you can expect in two new trailers. The first, titled "Assemble Your Troops," includes audio from an actual 3v3 multiplayer match, and shows, "what it's like to form fragile alliances and bitter rivalries with fellow players as you go head to head in battle."

The second trailer is the latest installment in the "Fog of War" series, and focuses on explaining the basics behind the game's multiplayer, including how to choose elite units and how multiplayer objectives work. It's a great introduction for new players, or a refresher for veterans.

Dawn of War III is launching on PC April 27. You can find the PC system requirements right here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169728-Dawn-of-War-3-System-Requirements-Announced].

[gallery=7160]

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I hope they do Last Stand 2.0

I'm not sure why, because I'd need to buy a new computer to play this. But one day I will, and I want to play Last Stand 2.0

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well the multi is looking pretty good. Maybe I'll finally be able to play an rts game multi. I'm actually not bad at them, my temperament just isn't right for them though.

Although the real question is can you mod ponies into it.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
This better be good. Also very little about SP so far.

I'll get it if the reviews are good.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
Well the multi is looking pretty good. Maybe I'll finally be able to play an rts game multi. I'm actually not bad at them, my temperament just isn't right for them though.

Somehow I am thankful there hasn't been a ponification of Warhammer Fantasy and Warcraft and Starcraft yet.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:

Somehow I am thankful there hasn't been a ponification of Warhammer Fantasy and Warcraft and Starcraft yet.
Oh, you know I have to prove that wrong.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:

Yeesh the latter one seeing its face from the front just makes you question the character designs "Are these even horses anymore?"

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:

Yeesh the latter one seeing its face from the front just makes you question the character designs "Are these even horses anymore?"
Her, and they are cartoons. They just kinda look like that from the front.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, never been that much of a fan of Dawn of War, even though it does get into my top ten RTS list, but looking at the comments on YouTube, people don't seem to like it because of supposed MOBA elements.

Um, okay...could fans enlighten me? Dawn of War the original factored in control points, with an emphasis on small squads and mobility IIRC, and from what I've heard, Dawn of War II followed suit, with more of an emphasis on micro rather than macro. From what I've seen, DoW3 seems to just be running with the concept further.

Kind of a moot point for me personally, mainly because my computer wouldn't even be able to run it, but just curious.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hawki said:
So, never been that much of a fan of Dawn of War, even though it does get into my top ten RTS list, but looking at the comments on YouTube, people don't seem to like it because of supposed MOBA elements.

Um, okay...could fans enlighten me? Dawn of War the original factored in control points, with an emphasis on small squads and mobility IIRC, and from what I've heard, Dawn of War II followed suit, with more of an emphasis on micro rather than macro. From what I've seen, DoW3 seems to just be running with the concept further.

Kind of a moot point for me personally, mainly because my computer wouldn't even be able to run it, but just curious.
All the dow games focus on control points instead of gathering resources. Dawn of war 1 was pretty big armies, although not as big as other rts games usually. Dawn of War 2 was more focused on smaller armies but with more control over your troops and heroes and such. Both of them had some degree of positioning you wanted to do since in the first you could take cover in craters and take less damage., but in 2 your troops would literally take cover behind walls and such to avoid fire.

It looks like Dow3 is focused on really large armies with less micro like dow1.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Hawki said:

well in this one there is a larger emphasis on your heroes, they get pretty moba like abilities (gorgutz has a pull mechanic exactly like blitzcrank/pudge) they said the maps have 3 lanes (not sure if it remained. Didn't watch the vid) and it has the mob a aesthetic of bright and flashy colors and what not ( stupid arguement).

OT: unless they fixed the particle effects I'm not interested