8 Games that Couldn't Live Up to the Hype

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Games that Couldn't Live Up to the Hype

Here are eight games that just couldn't live up to the hype.

Read Full Article

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I disagree about medal of honor not being bad. Its actually really really bad. Which is weird since I remember kinda liking it back in the day, but when I went back and tried playing it a year or 2 ago it was just.... sooooo baaaaad.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
No Man's Sky didn't just "not live up to the hype"; Sean Murray and Hello Games outright lied. Repeatedly. Hell, their Steam page still has pre-release video that isn't anything like what the game actually shows.

And they still have the gall to ask sixty bucks for it.

Allaiyah Weyn

May 9, 2012
I haven't even read it yet, & I already know Daikitana & Duke Nukem Forever will likely be on this list. (I was wrong).

Eh, the first Fable: TLC was pretty good. Can't say for 2 since it never got a PC release.

Feb 7, 2016
Worgen said:
I disagree about medal of honor not being bad. Its actually really really bad. Which is weird since I remember kinda liking it back in the day, but when I went back and tried playing it a year or 2 ago it was just.... sooooo baaaaad.
I feel the exact same way. For some reason I remember enjoying it, but going back it feels like a clunky mess between Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield 3.

I do think the one section where you and your squad are surround while you huddle behind the wreckage of a house waiting for rescue. It actually felt kind of tense.

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
Personally, I would have put the Halo series on the list. They are decent, but they are not the glorious gift from the heavens that so many people have made it out to be.