Dawn of War III Cinematic Shows Off the Opening of the Imperial Campaign

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Dawn of War III Cinematic Shows Off the Opening of the Imperial Campaign

Relic is showing off the cinematic that begins the Imperial campaign in Dawn of War III.

Dawn of War III's launch date is just a couple of weeks away, and to fill the time until then, Relic has released the opening cinematic from the game's Imperial campaign. The footage features the Blood Ravens and their leader, Chapter Master Gabriel Angelos trying to beat back an Ork invasion on the planet Cyprus.

You'll be able to dive into Dawn of War III soon, as it launches on PC April 27. If you don't think you can wait that long, you can sign up for the open beta that pre-order bonuses and the Collector's Edition right here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169987-Warhammer-40-000-Dawn-of-War-3-Open-Beta-Dates].

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I would have loved to see those scenes actually... animated.
Still, sweet artwork, and Relic have nailed the tone of 40k once again.
Can't wait to play this thing and dive back into the far future. Just watching this video feels like coming home.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
See this perfectly encapsulates my feeling for this game.

Here's the first Dawn of War intro:

And here's the second:

And what do we get for this half-assed game? Literal paper cutouts, no animation, half of which is just re-purposed footage from the trailer. Dawn of war III feels lazy, cheap and just kinda' thrown together, 'cause those 40k dorks will buy anything right?!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Silentpony said:
Literal paper cutouts, no animation
I dont actually think theres a problem with that style of cutscene.

Id be much more concerned about the gameplay, theres alot more basis for criticism there.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I also prefer the full 3D animated cutscenes than this concept art/prerenders mashed with after effects.

But well the cinematics were never a huge part of the game anyway, even though they were pretty awesome.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Silentpony said:

And here's the second:

And what do we get for this half-assed game? Literal paper cutouts, no animation, half of which is just re-purposed footage from the trailer. Dawn of war III feels lazy, cheap and just kinda' thrown together, 'cause those 40k dorks will buy anything right?!
Isn't this just the Campaign intro animation, and not the game intro animation? I remember those being either in-game cinematics (DoW 1) or 2D animations (DoW 2), so... yeah. Maybe hold off the lambasting until you see what goes down when you boot up the game?

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Silentpony said:

And here's the second:

This is exactly what fans want. Ever watched "If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device"?
Joke aside, DoW 2 had cut scenes like that. Not sure if DoW 1 had or even had cut scenes at all, though.