Bandai Namco Teases New Title With "Prepare to Dine" Tagline

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bandai Namco Teases New Title With "Prepare to Dine" Tagline

Bandai Namco is offering a first glimpse at a new game, and its tagline sounds eerily similar to Dark Souls'.

Bandai Namco is planning to announce a brand new game next week on April 20. Although there's no word on what the game is, what genre it falls in, or who is developing it, the publisher is showing off a stylized animated teaser trailer with an interesting tagline.

"Prepare to Dine," it says. That sounds strangely reminiscent of Dark Souls' "Prepare to Die" tagline. Of course, we don't know that this is a From Software title, it certainly seems like Bandai Namco wants people to think it is. From Software president Hidetaka Miyazaki has launched at the end of March [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168459-Dark-Souls-3s-DLC-will-be-the-end-of-the-franchise-for-now], so it seems awfully fast to be teasing a new From Software project.

We'll find out for sure just what it is next week, but for now Bandai Namco is only saying [https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/preparetodine] "Enjoy this original animation inspired by a new title in development by Bandai Namco Entertainment." Maybe it's a Dark Souls-inspired Cooking Mama sequel. "Praise the bun," indeed.

We'll let you know on April 20.

[gallery=7204]

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Clearly the girl has pointy teeth and blood flowing down her cheek and she's licking it suggestively...which means Vampire game. Vampires! Not cooking mama. You dine on people.

I wonder if the cooking mama reference was a joke lol.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Dreiko said:
Clearly the girl has pointy teeth and blood flowing down her cheek and she's licking it suggestively...which means Vampire game. Vampires! Not cooking mama. You dine on people.

I wonder if the cooking mama reference was a joke lol.
It was both a joke and kind of a wish, too.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Its a Smough spin-off game. Like Pac-Man but with hollows instead of dots, and Ornstein as the power pellet.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Well, not much to say about the project at this point.
The promotional art looks great though, love the style. Reminds me a lot of "slyvanie", http://slyvanie.deviantart.com/

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Looks pretty neat.

Maybe she's a traveling chef and she has to fight to get ingredients for her vampire friend's dinner party.

Maybe.

Color me intrigued though.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Can we have more games with this sort of art direction please? This is so gorgeous o3o

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So anyone playing The Ringed City will know the locust priests have a habit of reciting "Fear not the dark, and let the feast begin."

So clearly, it must be a standalone spinoff sequel to a DLC made using cut content.

D3s_ToD3s

Jan 17, 2012
Namco should license the Kingdom Death universe and hand it to From Software.

That could reduce the withdrawl symptoms Souls fans will suffer in the near future.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Wow. That looks gorgeous! Excited to see what this will turn into. :D
Also, I enjoy it when a game knows it's silly and isn't ashamed of it. "Prepare to dine" indeed.