Star Wars Battlefront II launches in November - Here's the First Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Star Wars Battlefront II launches in November - Here's the First Trailer

EA has announced that Star Wars Battlefront II will launch worldwide on November 17.

As promised [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170024-Star-Wars-Battlefront-2-April-15-Reveal], EA has given us our first look at upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront II, along with a firm release date - the game will release worldwide on November 17, 2017 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

"In Star Wars Battlefront II, we all wanted to really capture the essence of being heroic and how in Star Wars, anyone can become a hero," says Matt Webster, Executive Producer at Criterion. "Whether that's playing as an iconic character like Rey or Luke, as a front-line trooper or fighter pilot in epic multiplayer battles, or playing through a new Star Wars story that bridges the gap between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi; and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, you will become a hero in Star Wars Battlefront II."

But that's enough of that - here's the first trailer.

EA also revealed details on the game's promised singleplayer campaign, which you can check out here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170115-You-get-to-be-the-bad-guy-in-Battlefront-2s-singleplayer-campaign].

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
It's nice to see the Imperial Raider getting some love. XWing players know what I'm on about.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
spartandude said:
It's nice to see the Imperial Raider getting some love. XWing players know what I'm on about.
Hell yeah, that got me excited! I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, since they are bringing classes and all eras back.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
It looks like we will finally be getting the Battlefront game we deserve--and this is coming from someone who got the platinum and all the DLC for the first game.

My one complaint--and I know a lot of people are going to disagree--is that the campaign is apparently going to be told from the Imperial side. I'm tired of them trying to make the Imperial seem sympathetic. Okay, during the start of the Empire, or out on the Outer Rim, I get it. Life is hard, you need a way to make a living, and the Academy is the only real choice. Or you generally believe you are making a difference.
But after Alderaan, after the Empire willingly murdered billions of people--men, women, and children--and didn't bat an eye, those that serve the Empire have no legs to stand on. You can't claim you are fighting for peace and justice when your organization destroyed an entire planet as an example, with no warning and no offer of surrender or evacuation.
It's hard for me to feel sorry, or empathize, with this woman when she's standing on the shattered ashes of billions of lives and she's screaming, "Hope cannot save them!"

EDIT: Ha, oops. Just read the article before this one talking about everything I just said. My bad.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
It looks like we will finally be getting the Battlefront game we deserve--and this is coming from someone who got the platinum and all the DLC for the first game.

My one complaint--and I know a lot of people are going to disagree--is that the campaign is apparently going to be told from the Imperial side. I'm tired of them trying to make the Imperial seem sympathetic. Okay, during the start of the Empire, or out on the Outer Rim, I get it. Life is hard, you need a way to make a living, and the Academy is the only real choice. Or you generally believe you are making a difference.
But after Alderaan, after the Empire willingly murdered billions of people--men, women, and children--and didn't bat an eye, those that serve the Empire have no legs to stand on. You can't claim you are fighting for peace and justice when your organization destroyed an entire planet as an example, with no warning and no offer of surrender or evacuation.
It's hard for me to feel sorry, or empathize, with this woman when she's standing on the shattered ashes of billions of lives and she's screaming, "Hope cannot save them!"

EDIT: Ha, oops. Just read the article before this one talking about everything I just said. My bad.
You're thinking a planet is really bigger and more meaningful than it is in Star Wars.

Remember, the Galactic Empire ruled hundreds, if not thousands of planets; a single planet like Aldeeran, which wasn't even that densely populated and not as highly developed is roughly the equivalent of a modern-day state razing a moderate sized town or small city that has been actively supporting rebels or terrorists or has completely converted to the other side.

Still tragic yes, but comparatively normal. And an effective tactic to crushing rebellions - after all, even in the US the North, after it finally had enough of the South, turned it's strategy from "Capture and Hold" to "Salt the earth and burn the fuckers to the ground".

The North's strategy of "March to the Sea" is greatly credited with finally forcing the South to come to the table and surrender.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
have to admit, the trailer looked pretty impressive. if the game is like that too and we do have space battles we can control, i may get it on release.