The Fast and The Furious Movies Will Finally Stop at Movie #10

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Fast and The Furious Movies Will Finally Stop at Movie #10

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1399/1399127.jpg
Are you sick of The Fast And The Furious movies? Well, according to the producer, there's only two left.

The Fast and The Furious is this movie industry's Call of Duty, with each year bringing us a new, more ridiculous movie. But, all things must come to an end, and producer Neal Moritz has claimed that there are only two films left before he retires the franchise for good.

In an interview with Collider [http://collider.com/neal-moritz-fast-and-furious-8-interview], Moritz confirmed the current plan is to make two more films following this year's The Fate of the Furious. The producers want to start production on the ninth film as soon as possible, but they'll only begin filming when they "have a great story."

"We have some big themes and things we're talking about, we're just not there in terms of where exactly we're gonna go yet," Mortiz said. "We kind of have the ending point of the franchise, but we don't know the in-betweens yet."

Mortiz said he considered shooting the final two films back-to-back, but scrapped the idea because it would be much too daunting for the cast and crew. "That would mean we would need to have two scripts finished, which we have enough of a hard time getting one script ready in time."

Source: Collider [http://collider.com/neal-moritz-fast-and-furious-8-interview]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Maybe dont blow your title load then? "Fate of the Furious" should be the final title.

I mean, you could just say fuck it and stop. You dont need 2 more films. (You dont need the 8 you already have).

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
That's a shame. I was hoping they would keep making more, changing the cast occasionally, until it stops making money. I'd choose Fast and Furious movies over Superhero/Transformers/Star Wars movies any day.

Oh well, by the time they release the 10th movie, the original will be 20 years old or so? Old enough to be rebooted, so the series keeps going forever.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Wait the fast and furious movies were filmed using scripts? that raises so many questions....

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I have a title for the last one!!
Fas10 your furious seatbelt!

I have seen one or two of them, so I don't really care if they would go on. I haven't seen nay of the new ones, but what I've heard they're mediocre actionflicks, might even watch one of the newer ones on netflix sometime that I'm bored.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
What do you mean "finally"? This series cannot end, we need to go to space! Fight Necromongers! Go to Mars and kill demons!

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Hah Neal Moritz may want to end the franchise at film 10 but no way will Comcast allow there only reliable blockbuster series to end.

Two years at most before a soft reboot with a new younger cast with the Rock and maybe Statham as the older mentors. (Diesel is gone with what a hassle he's become to work with, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they killed him off in the 9th).

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
MC1980 said:
Man that CoD comparison would sure be great if the movies actually came out annually.

Except they don't.

Maybe try Star Wars as a reference, that one's yearly. And it will never end. Like Call of Duty!

Why you making me defend crap I don't care about.
This is exactly what I was going to say. Except that I'm one of those weird people who actually like these movies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Kreett said:
What do you mean "finally"? This series cannot end, we need to go to space! Fight Necromongers! Go to Mars and kill demons!
Said it before, and I'll say it again, once you go in to space, everything will seem like a step-down. If they're stopping after 10, they better keep their promise. I don't believe them, as almost every time a producer says this the final one, they make another movie. There are only 7 F&F movies, everything else afterward is high budget fan-fiction.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
CoCage said:
Kreett said:
Said it before, and I'll say it again, once you go in to space, everything will seem like a step-down.
Dunno, Bond worked better back on Earth after Moonraker.

(Which was an absurd sci-fi story...I mean, the US has a space program and there are civilian supersonic planes? C'mon...)

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
but they'll only begin filming when they "have a great story."
So they started filming around 8 movies too early then?

"That would mean we would need to have two scripts finished, which we have enough of a hard time getting one script ready in time."
I know those 5th graders have to go to school some time don't they.

Lol, it sounds like I hate the franchise, I liked the first one, the second was OK and then it started to get a bit silly after that and from 4 on wards it's been put firmly in the this is just dumb how the hell is this thing still making money category.

As for it stopping at ten, BS like everything in Hollywood it will end when it stops making money.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Thaluikhain said:
CoCage said:
Kreett said:
Said it before, and I'll say it again, once you go in to space, everything will seem like a step-down.
Dunno, Bond worked better back on Earth after Moonraker.

(Which was an absurd sci-fi story...I mean, the US has a space program and there are civilian supersonic planes? C'mon...)
Bond is the exception rather than the rule. That franchise has been around for over 50 years, so it's had many highs and lows.

Going in to space is usually desperation setting in to keep a franchise on its last legs.

Jason X, Leprechaun 4, and Hellrasiser IV all went in to space, and look how they turned out. Though I'll take Jason X any day over Jason Goes to Hell or Fr13th: Pt. V. Yes, those are all horror examples, but you see my point.

Then you have Mario Galaxy. Now granted, the mainline Mario games (Galaxy 2 was just a glorified expansion pack) that came after it were never bad by most people, but were either predictable, average, or unambitious. Now don't know how Odyssey will fair, yet even when it will do great, this upcoming game won't have the impact or hype Galaxy left.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Everybody calm down. The series will never go to space.

How would the Rock be able to show his pecs there?

Alternatively, call the last one Fast & Furious Reality.
Some guy wakes up from a coma after 20 years and realises it was just a fantasy, his wife left him and his dog died.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Yeah, only two more in this iteration...and then 1-2 years later, they'll reboot the sumbitch.