Today's Bayonetta PC Update Might Be Teasing a PC Version of Vanquish

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Today's Bayonetta PC Update Might Be Teasing a PC Version of Vanquish

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1400/1400381.jpgA tiny update to the PC version of Bayonetta could be teasing another PC release - specifically, Vanquish.

If you own the PC version of Bayonette, you may have notivced that the game received a very tiny update today - 22 KB, to be exact. If you haven't figured out what was included in that update, let us help you out. It added a small file to Bayonetta's extras folder. That file has gotten plenty of attention from fans of another one of Platinum Games' titles: Vanquish.

The file in question is nothing more than a new avatar that features Sam Gideon, the protagonist of Vanquish. For those of you that don't remember the 2010 third-person shooter, it was only released on PS3 and Xbox 360, despite clamors from fans for a PC version. The game was directed by Shinji Mikami, best known for working on Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, and was a critical success on release.

Platinum and Sega (who published Vanquish) are both staying quiet about what this avatar means, but if it truly is a teaser for a PC version of the original Vanquish, we should hear more from both companies soon enough.

[gallery=7260]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I am one of those fans who has been "clamoring" for a PC version. My first reaction to Bayonetta coming out on PC was "cool, I'll have to get to that." My second was "HOLY SHIT DOES THIS MEANS PLATINUM WILL GIVE US VANQUISH NEXT?"

I was playing my 360 version of the game yesterday, since it's been on my mind, and the muddy textures and 30fps limit are not doing that game any favors in retrospect though. These game screams for high refresh rate monitors.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
A PC port of Vanquish that, hopefully, runs at 60 FPS....SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FREAKING MONEY SEGA!!!

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Played it, it's got a lot of high speed gamelay to it and while built seemingly for cover shooting the high level of play is sick rolls, boosting, slow-mo and shooting grenades mid air to nuke enemy groups. Shame I wasn't a huge fan regardless but it deserves a PC release for those who'd find more joy in it that I.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I'd be more excited if the update addressed some of the issues present in the game. Having said that, what problems will Vanquish have?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I have a feeling I might find a PC version of Vanquish more bearable than the console versions, at least if it has functioning mouse & keyboard controls.

So I guess the big question now is whether Nintendo will hold Bayonetta 2 hostage or not.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Since something else needs to be added than just "EEE"

surft

Jun 25, 2015
Vanquish innovated the 'slide' mechanic, if I am not mistaken. Ever since it came out games, most prominently first person shooters and third person shooters have added that mechanic to their games.

Will be pretty great top play Vanquish once again at 60 and HD!

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
shrekfan246 said:
I have a feeling I might find a PC version of Vanquish more bearable than the console versions, at least if it has functioning mouse & keyboard controls.

So I guess the big question now is whether Nintendo will hold Bayonetta 2 hostage or not.
Of course they will. Nintendo holds games and IPs they fund hostage like a dragon with its hoard. Honestly, I blame the whole Philips thing for scaring Nintendo out of ever going truly third party.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
never heard of it. but looks interesting. at this stage im more curious if bayonetta 2 will come out for pc. if nintendo can get their heads out of their greedy hole.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Bayonetta is the only game that I bought this year and I'll definitely get Vanquish too. Strange year for games. If only Rockstar would release RDR 1 on the PC.