8 Great Games Still Releasing in 2017

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Great Games Still Releasing in 2017

This has been a great year for games so far, but there still plenty of titles to look forward to, like these eight.

Read Full Article

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Isn't it a bit early to call these games great? I mean sure they look neat but that doesn't mean they will play well or not be bugged out the butt.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Not actually looking forward to any of those, unfortunately.
Only game I'm looking forward to this year is Finding Paradise by Freebird Games. That's my one great new game for this year >.>

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Most of these are AAA and up until release I tend to take AAA games with a mountain of salt the size of Mt. Everest.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Unless Red Dead is also getting a PC release, and Battlefront 2's SP story is actually decent (critically acclaimed writers don't always guarantee a critically acclaimed script), then I am (at most) lukewarm for these titles.

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
I played the demo for Prey, I mostly walked out hating it. Curious about the original game still.

I might rent Injustice 2 or at least wait until the Ultimate Edition drops in price.

Im interested in Red Dead Redemption 2, but I still haven't seen much gameplay or features for it for me to get excited about it.

Well if Battlefront 2 turns out like Titanfall 2, I'll at least like the campaign I guess. But I think I'll just wait as usual to see if EA didn't fuck this up again.

I wanna play the new South Park game too, whenever the hell the game actually comes out.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about Quake Champions. But I'll just until after a month after it comes out to try it I guess.

Agents Of Mayhem sounds like a rental at best to me.

I still need to get back to Shadow Of Mordor, not to mention that I feel like Shadow Of War is another lazy sequel akin to Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Guess I'm the only one around here that even gives a crap about going back to Strangereal...

Come on, you know what I'm talking about. I bring it up every time we have a thread on games we're looking forward to. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is going to have Osea fighting against Erusea. Wonder what got that war started.

I expect we'll be seeing locales from both Shattered Skies and Unsung War. And everything I've heard suggests a lot of the major players in the development of AC04, AC5 and AC0: The Belkan War are involved in the making of AC7.

Pilots, we're coming home.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
American Tanker said:
Wonder what got that war started.
Belkans, obviously.

In all seriousness though, I'm also looking forward to AC7 more than any other upcoming game. The fact that it's both the Osean and Usean continents allows for so many great opportunities.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Not that time and money will allow me to play many, if any of these in the near future, but:

1) Yes

2) No

3) No

4) Maybe

5) Probably not, but looks fun

6) Yes, if I had a PC that could run it

7) No

8) Yes, but I still need to play the first game

American Tanker said:
Guess I'm the only one around here that even gives a crap about going back to Strangereal...
I'm busy smirking, thinking that Strangereal would be like Earth if full scale war errupted every few decades. And every war was won through airpower.

Looks pretty though.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Nothing that interests me here. Im waiting on Tekken 7, Sea of Thieves and maybe Destiny 2... although Ill get that a couple of months after release incase they screw the pooch.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Hawki said:
American Tanker said:
I'm busy smirking, thinking that Strangereal would be like Earth if full scale war erupted every few decades. And every war was won through airpower.

Looks pretty though.
You're not far off. Basically, the biggest difference between our world and Strangereal is the lack of nuclear power. That planet's poor in radioactives, which meant it took until the 1980s to develop the first atomic weapons, and it takes years to gather enough material for any bomb of significant power.

So without the fear of mutual assured destruction hanging like the Sword of Damocles, you get large scale warfare featuring all kinds of other superweapons. Airborne fortresses like the Aigaion and Gleipnir, meteor-intercepting railguns like Chandelier and Stonehenge, stuff like that.

And it always seems like it's the fighter aces that decide the fates of millions.