Halo, Guitar Hero Underwear Now For Sale at Target

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Halo, Guitar Hero Underwear Now For Sale at Target

When it comes to gamers, only the truest of the true would be willing to sport these gaming-themed undies. Are you a bad enough dude to wear PS3 boxers?

The eternal question when it comes to men's underwear is boxers or briefs, but when it comes to men's underwear for gamers, equally important questions arise. 360 or PS3? Guitar Hero or Rock Band? Walk into a nearby Target and you too may be face-to-face with a dilemma such as this. The retailer, according to Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/02/gaming-underwear-for-the-truly-hardcore/]'s eagle eyes (guess they need to shop for Doritos too when they're not blogging), is now stocking videogame-themed underwear.

Target's selection goes for $9.99 per collectible tin of underwear and comes in the following varities: Guitar Hero, Xbox 360, Atari, Rock Band, Halo and PS3. Apparently this menagerie of gamer-oriented undergarments fills an entire rack over at the Tar-jay, at least in the men's section. There is no rack in the women's section with female counterparts to these products. Sorry, ladies.

So. All ridicule aside, would anyone actually buy these, much less wear them? I can understand the appeal of buying these as ironic collector's items, but to wear them, well let's just say that I would wear gaming underwear, but not for any of these brands. Give me Gunstar Heroes, Persona 4 or Diablo II boxers though, and yes, I will wear them without shame. I will wear them with pride.

(Image [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/02/gaming-underwear-for-the-truly-hardcore/])

METC

Mar 21, 2009
I saw those at Target a week ago. My mom was like, "I thought those would be perfect for you!" And then I thought to myself, "Those look so...queer?" I couldn't really think of anything else to say, so I walked away.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Hell yea, cos when the ladies pull my pants down i want them to see my hard rock-ing ways and that i will totaly pwn them at teh haloz...or not.
I laughed, alot. Thank you

OT: No I would not, for reasons stated above and the fact that I have very nice boxers anyway.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Hell yea, cos when the ladies pull my pants down i want them to see my hard rock-ing ways and that i will totaly pwn them at teh haloz...or not.
Not getting laid just got a helluva lot easier!

OT:Meh little kids will buy the things up like hotcakes, watch.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Oh ferchristssakes. This is just frakkin' stupid. Now, I can understand the Halo developers and Guitar Hero developers wanting to milk their franchises until the controller-shaped nipples fall out, but this is just crazy. What kind of grown man would be willing to go to the store and buy a pair of videogame-themed underwear, besides myself if they can manage Silent Hill underwear? Hmmm? That's what I thought.

Crazy fools.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
surely its perfect for the sofa sitting, pant wearing, living room gamer?

i wouldnt get them cause...

1. i buy underwear for comfort not to walk around with them round my chest so people can see what im wearing...

2. im not a big enough fan to wear any of those games merchandise...unless im paid or you cant tell its theirs :p

3. i dont like spending money...

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Maybe it's a good thing that there isn't a womens equivilent. I'd be a little concerned to find my girlfriend wearing panties with a picture of the Master Chief or Sergeant Johnson on them...

....and I've just realised there's a set up for an immature joke in this post

BeefSteak

Oct 3, 2007
I'm currently wearing "Stop Looking And Start Playing" X-Box 360 Boxers, so I'm getting a kick out of these replies...

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
I wouldn't particularly feel one way or another about videogame themed underwear - I'd wear them if I owned them, but I wouldn't care enough to buy them especially.

But for ten dollars? Oh hell no.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
uh-huh...

that may sound quite stupid and embarissing,but they'll sell.they'll sell like crack to crackheads on free crack day.

well,at least it could make the whole "no sex before marraige" thing a lot easier,just buy your kids who are uber-gamers who somehow have a girlfriend/boyfriend some of those,virginity will follow.

drunkenhero32

Aug 25, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Well in fairness i once quoted ZP during sex and the girl laughed still not sure if thats a good thing