Endless Space 2 Left Early Access Yesterday

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Endless Space 2 Left Early Access Yesterday

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1407/1407088.jpgThere's another game for fans of 4X strategy to check out, as Endless Space 2 left Early Access yesterday, one day ahead of schedule.

Endless Space 2 has been in Early Access since October of last year, but it was scheduled for a full release today. But developer Amplitude Studios decided that wasn't good enough, and released it yesterday, one day early.

As part of moving out of Early Access, Amplitude has rolled out a massive launch patch for the game. There have been plenty of reports of bugs and other issues during the Early Access period, and while this patch seems to address a lot of stuff (it's a HUGE patch - see the patch notes here [http://steamcommunity.com/games/392110/announcements/detail/1262543171544373193]), there are still a number of known issues.

Also, if you've been playing in Early Access, you should know that none of you previous saves will work in the newest version of the game. Amplitude says,

"REMINDER: Old saves are no longer compatible with the game! We've removed a lot of old files that were only kept in there to keep the saves working between beta versions. We're now removing all that to start with a clean slate!

We strongly recommend you delete your Registry.xml file. It is normally located in: C:Users[yourusername]DocumentsEndless Space 2Users"

If you're playing the newest version of Endless Space 2, let us know what you think of it in the forums!

[gallery=7395]

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Wait, it's out early? Well then. I know what I'm doing when I get home from work. (Going to bed because I have to be up at seven tomorrow, but I'm certainly playing this game when I get home tomorrow.)

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
It is one the very few games on my list.
I only need to do some more thorough research before deciding.