The Escapist Classic Videos: Apocalypse Lane Ep. 03

Encaen

May 6, 2005
The Escapist Classic Videos: Apocalypse Lane Ep. 03

After years of community requests, The Escapist is bringing back some of the community's favorite classic video series.

The Escapist has long been known for the wildly popular video series, Zero Punctuation, but our oldest community members remember some of the other killer classic videos. We're kicking off with fan favorite, Apocalypse Lane, but keep an eye out for more coming soon!

If you're more of a binge-watching type, you can find all of them right here! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane?page=3]

The comments will be fresh here, but if you want to see the originals, just hit the video's comment page itself!

Previously:

Episode 01 - Big Pete's Funeral [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170866-The-Escapist-Classics-Apocalypse-Lane-Ep-01]
Episode 02 - Poker Night [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170880-The-Escapist-Classics-Apocalypse-Lane-Ep-02]

Apocalypse Lane Episode 03 - Homeowner's Meeting

[video=776 autoplay=0]

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
"Hey Gladys, have another cookie!" That is sooo the Escapist!!! :D

I never watched these videos before and I'm milking them weekly for all they're worth. I know there's some guy who insists on showing up and posting the archives but, hey, guess what???

It's something to look forward to week after week!

Can't say I like Doomsday Arcade. I hope they add something else to the cycle soon.

Apr 17, 2009
Basement Cat said:
Can't say I like Doomsday Arcade. I hope they add something else to the cycle soon.
Stick with Doomsday, it develops into more than just the Michaels being attacked by video game character of the week. Similar thing with Apocalypse, its more than a sitcom.

If they are going to add something, then I'm assuming it'll be There Will Be Brawl. Leave Doraleous and Associates until they've got through all of Apocalypse Lane. And never ever show Game Dogs ever again

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Soooo.... You are actually going to make a new post for every single one of these episodes, aren't you? And probably do that with other ancient dead shows as well?

Is this literally to fill up the timeline and try to disguise the fact that you don't really have any content except for what Yahtzee does and f**king adverts?
To hide the fact that you also don't really have any stories to break and basically just repost stuff from other sources that do have people digging up stories?

Have we sunk that low here?

Kahani

May 25, 2011
JenSeven said:
Well, have a look at the rest of the site. The "news" section currently consists of 6 adverts, 2 reposts of old content and just 5 actual articles (3 of which are effectively just adverts as well), while the weekly content schedule has officially been emptied of everything other than Yahtzee and Garwulf's Corner (which isn't actually weekly). Meanwhile the big content highlight at the top still has things from July in it, aside from the rest mostly just being the last month's Yahtzee videos, and the highlight just above the news section is from June saying the Diablo 3 expansion will be out soon.

So yeah, not only have we sunk that low, we're likely to sink even lower pretty soon. The last couple of times the Escapist was scoured of content at least they still had a few people left and basic parts like news were still ticking over even if the big draws were lacking. This time there really seems to be nothing left at all. I give it a month max until the site closes down entirely.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
JenSeven said:
Soooo.... You are actually going to make a new post for every single one of these episodes, aren't you? And probably do that with other ancient dead shows as well?

Is this literally to fill up the timeline and try to disguise the fact that you don't really have any content except for what Yahtzee does and f**king adverts?
To hide the fact that you also don't really have any stories to break and basically just repost stuff from other sources that do have people digging up stories?

I put forward the idea of having the Escapist re-run old stuff like Television channels re-run old shows. I specifically requested that they provide new Comments sections. It would give newcomers the opportunity to voice their own comments without worrying about comments from as far as 9 years ago (given the age of some of the stuff they'll be re-running).

Me. I did this. I originated the idea of Escapist re-runs. I conceived and pushed for it to happen. Me.

And I'm glad that I did because most of the content I pointed out in the archives were series that had ended before I joined in 2012. I'm enjoying watching these new series one week at a time because it offers "new" content regularly.

Most of the Escapists still here are in the same boat---they never saw these series when they first came out either.

Complain away, though. It's to be expected.

I just hope other Escapists who are likewise discovering these episodes for the first time shall start to post in the Comments---not about the act of doing re-runs but about the episodes themselves.

It could bring new members to the Escapist, by the way. You complaining might drive newbies away, sure, but I'm hoping that in the long run this will help the site. A site which is suffering like most other gaming sites because advertisements bring in a shallow zephyr of money these days compared to 5 or 7 years ago when the Escapist could afford to sponsor entertainment like this.

Apr 17, 2009
Basement Cat said:
JenSeven said:

I put forward the idea of having the Escapist re-run old stuff like Television channels re-run old shows. I specifically requested that they provide new Comments sections. It would give newcomers the opportunity to voice their own comments without worrying about comments from as far as 9 years ago (given the age of some of the stuff they'll be re-running).

Me. I did this. I originated the idea of Escapist re-runs. I conceived and pushed for it to happen. Me.

And I'm glad that I did because most of the content I pointed out in the archives were series that had ended before I joined in 2012. I'm enjoying watching these new series one week at a time because it offers "new" content regularly.

Most of the Escapists still here are in the same boat---they never saw these series when they first came out either.

Complain away, though. It's to be expected.

I just hope other Escapists who are likewise discovering these episodes for the first time shall start to post in the Comments---not about the act of doing re-runs but about the episodes themselves.

It could bring new members to the Escapist, by the way. You complaining might drive newbies away, sure, but I'm hoping that in the long run this will help the site. A site which is suffering like most other gaming sites because advertisements bring in a shallow zephyr of money these days compared to 5 or 7 years ago when the Escapist could afford to sponsor entertainment like this.
As someone who did see these series as they first appeared, I still appreciate them being re-released. It was fun binging them and rediscovering jokes or plot points that I'd forgotten. And as I'm one of those guys who goes into those "How can the Escapist rise from its decline" topics with the answer "Needs more content" its nice to see exactly that. So this initiative gets a big thumbs up from me, great idea as far as I'm concerned