New game releases - Week of October 1, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
New game releases - Week of October 1, 2017

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1424/1424720.jpgYou know how last week I said that the Holiday season was starting up so all the awesome new toys were coming out? Yeah... not so much this week. On the plus side, I can start working on my giant backlog. (Damn you Witcher 3... So... many... hours.) A lot more niche titles this week but I promise that next week will be way shinier! Then next-next week? So you better come back next week and next-next week because they won't pay me if no one clicks on my stories :(

And let's be honest, freelance pay could always be better. So, uh... How do you folks feel about Patreon?

[HEADING=2]October 3rd[/HEADING]
Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PC, PS4, Switch)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4, Xbox One)
Forza 7 (PC, Xbox One)

[HEADING=2]October 4th[/HEADING]
Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates (PC)

[HEADING=2]October 5th[/HEADING]
A Hat in Time (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

[HEADING=2]October 6th[/HEADING]
Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (3DS)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

Do you want to tell me how foolish I am for not throwing my money at my computer in anticipation for one of these games? Do you think it would be silly for me to throw money at my computer when a majority of these games are on console? If you have any favorites that we've missed or that you want to talk about, tell us in the comments.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
As if A Hat in Time gets actually released.

And as if it won't suck like Yooka Laylee.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Naldan said:
As if A Hat in Time gets actually released.

And as if it won't suck like Yooka Laylee.
I check multiple sites when looking for games to go in these (Im an reel jurnalest!); Hat only showed up on one of them so I almost missed it. Google said it was coming out that day.

Sounds like that one should be taken with a grain of salt though...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
What the hell is Nightwar: Battle Chasers?

*Quick Google tappetry later*

Ummm, ehhhhhhm, alright. Nevermind.

Arachtober the 6th also is the start of Battlefront 2's open beta for all platforms. Remember though, if other players happen to be suspiciously better than you, it's because they're fools who pre-ordered. So it's kind of a bittersweet defeat really. ;)

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Arachtober the 6th also is the start of Battlefront 2's open beta for all platforms. Remember though, if other players happen to be suspiciously better than you, it's because they're fools who pre-ordered. So it's kind of a bittersweet defeat really. ;)
BF2 Beta was on the list but I ended up taking it off. I'm kind of torn on it as one hand, it's not a true release (it'll also go away) and I don't want to hunt other Betas down as smaller releases (especially PC and those Early Access dealies) but on the other hand, maybe if it's a big enough title I should just say "Yeah, you're important enough to go on here". But then you guys are stuck with my #ConsoleMasterRace viewpoint as I don't play on PC as I determine what is worth reporting on and what isnt'...

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Dragon's Dogma is coming out this week? And Layton?

2017, why do you hate my wallet so?

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
*sigh* Still nothing interesting or exciting, huh? Anyone have anything on that 90s Super GP? Last I knew, it still didn't have a nailed down release date. Pity, because it looks interesting to me.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
tippy2k2 said:
BF2 Beta was on the list but I ended up taking it off. I'm kind of torn on it as one hand, it's not a true release (it'll also go away) and I don't want to hunt other Betas down as smaller releases (especially PC and those Early Access dealies) but on the other hand, maybe if it's a big enough title I should just say "Yeah, you're important enough to go on here". But then you guys are stuck with my #ConsoleMasterRace viewpoint as I don't play on PC as I determine what is worth reporting on and what isnt'...
Oh, I never expected stuff like betas and other types of temporary offers to fall into this article's category of imminent releases, was more kind of throwing a little extra fluff onto the coal burner in the hopes [small]that EA might pay me for once, the tight-arse bastards - am not pushing pre-orders though, want some slither of soul left at least for a rainy day[/small] it might appeal to a poor sod elsewhere. I am but a mere humble console peasant, mister. Don't mind bothersome ole me, i don't knows much, but I knows me place, sir...and it's ruining all of PC gaming forever! Haha...oohhheeeehahahaha! They can't even stop me!!

*ahem*

Oh. Oops.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Oh, I never expected stuff like betas and other types of temporary offers to fall into this article's category of imminent releases, was more kind of throwing a little extra fluff onto the coal burner in the hopes [small]that EA might pay me for once, the tight-arse bastards - am not pushing pre-orders though, want some slither of soul left at least for a rainy day[/small] it might appeal to a poor sod elsewhere. I am but a mere humble console peasant, mister. Don't mind bothersome ole me, i don't knows much, but I knows me place, sir...and it's ruining all of PC gaming forever! Haha...oohhheeeehahahaha! They can't even stop me!!

*ahem*

Oh. Oops.
...I need to make a few phone calls

*A couple of minutes later*

Good news everyone! You'll be super excited for my next article coming soon; 8 Reason why you should pre-order all EA games! I've also heard we've become Buzzfeed so I should probably add something about how Reason #4 will shock you...

What, this sack of money? No, that is unrelated to the article. But you know what ISN'T unrelated to the article? How great Battlefront 2 looks, am I right?!?!?!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Yes it's silly to throw money at your computer. Everybody knows that you have to put it in the fax machine!

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Oh boy, I've been wanting to play Dragon's Dogma again for years. So many good memories, like "Goblin's are weak to fire!" and "Wolves hunt in packs!"...Oh, and there was some monster slaying, or whatever.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Empyre could be interesting but it's hard to tell right now because there is so little info is out there that I could find.
Despite being released the day after tomorrow.

I'll also have to see if I can power through that awful funk music. Doesn't fit the game at all.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
tippy2k2 said:
...I need to make a few phone calls

*A couple of minutes later*

Good news everyone! You'll be super excited for my next article coming soon; 8 Reason why you should pre-order all EA games! I've also heard we've become Buzzfeed so I should probably add something about how Reason #4 will shock you...

What, this sack of money? No, that is unrelated to the article. But you know what ISN'T unrelated to the article? How great Battlefront 2 looks, am I right?!?!?!
Goodness, you certainly outdone my feeble plug attempt there. Perhaps that explains the lack of moneybags from EA. Fine, you keep EA...I'll try and get some of Ubisoft's sweet moolah instead, am no competitive plugger.

Assassin's Creed Origins is just like being in ancient Egypt! WITH UNDERWATER HIPPO BATTLES!!

Nailed it.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Goodness, you certainly outdone my feeble plug attempt there. Perhaps that explains the lack of moneybags from EA. Fine, you keep EA...I'll try and get some of Ubisoft's sweet moolah instead, am no competitive plugger.

Assassin's Creed Origins is just like being in ancient Egypt! WITH UNDERWATER HIPPO BATTLES!!

Nailed it.
It's not your fault, you're not a reel jurnalest like I am. In order to get all that sweet bribe money, your post has to be more organic in its praise. Like getting the perfect headshot on Darth Vader in BattleFront 2 from your elite skills thanks to extra beta playtime, it takes practice so that the reader doesn't know you're selling something to them.

I know some like the Evil Emperor Palpatine from the brand new BattleFront 2 would take a bribe but I am far too good hearted to do such a dastardly thing. Like the unsung hero Officer (a medic/support role in the brand new 5 star game Battlefront 2), I am only here to help.

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
Well, this is a useful feature if you keep it up, but I'm not convinced it will get me to spend any money. I don't see what Forza 7 will have that Forza 3 won't have. And I have my ultra souped up Golf on Forza 3.

God, I'm set in my ways...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Releases that I'm looking forward to are Mario Odyssey, South Park:SBW, Hollow Knight(Switch version[footnote]For the love of god give me a release date![/footnote]) and Fire Emblem Warriors.

This month is getting busy.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Slim week for relases.
That might mean I'll have time to get through some of the old backlog......Who am I kidding I don't play games anymore.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
The only game I look forward to in October is The Evil Within 2.