Halo 3: ODST Leaks Onto YouTube

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Halo 3: ODST Leaks Onto YouTube

A number of retailers in France have broken the street date on Halo 3: ODST - and naturally, this means you can now watch the single-player campaign as videos are posted to YouTube.

**WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE ODST CAMPAIGN**

One has to imagine that there is some hair being pulled over at Bungie's headquarters right about now: Even if Microsoft has no plans to ban players [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94270-Microsoft-Wont-Ban-Legitimate-Early-ODST-Players] who acquired Halo 3: ODST almost a month early when select stores started selling it in France in late August, it can't be fun to see your entire game leaked on YouTube from start to (presumably) finish. But that is, indeed, what's happening here.

YouTube user sexy, sexy Nathan Fillion [http://www.youtube.com/user/SpongeFreakX] to be heard as Sgt. Buck (apparently, the character is modeled on him as well - don't tell me you don't see the resemblance). On the bright side, now I know what a Grunt sounds like in French!

It looks ... well, it looks like more Halo. Oh sure, the whole "one-man army" makes sense when you're playing as Spartan supersoldier John-117 (aka the Master Chief), but aren't you supposed to be a normal grunt trooper here? How do you justify one sergeant - even if it is Nathan Fillion - to be gunning down Grunts, Elites, and Brutes like it's a target range?

Oh wait. It's on Easy. That explains it.

As indicated above, there are heavy spoilers - this is the full campaign - so watch these videos at your own risk. For everybody else, you'll have to wait until the 22nd of September to get your hands on the game.

(Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=222524?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS])

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
It was only a matter of time until someone tried to ruin it for everyone else.
it's a shame that it gets released early in 1 country.
it's appalling that gamers in that country then abuse that mistake.
I'll never understand why they want to do it. :|

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
It's a game, so the story gets ruined for those who want to ruin it for themselves.

But usually when a game gets released early, most companies say, just release it now rather than wait, it's obvious that it's gone gold, and the games are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere, just get the distribution going. But it'll still sell like hotcakes on it's actual release day.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
What a conundrum. On one hand I want to call this guy a douchebag for posting it. On the other no one is forcing anyone to watch.

I don't understand the need to post these vids in the first place. A walkthrough I can understand but to watch someone play a game defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
You know, if you don't want ODST ruined you could do what I'm doing. That being: Not watching the videos. There! Game not ruined.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Eh, I won't watch. Don't want to ruin the campaign like I have done with many other games.

Must.... resist... curiosity....

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Amnestic said:
Greyfox105 said:
You know, if you don't want ODST ruined you could do what I'm doing. That being: Not watching the videos. There! Game not ruined.
way ahead of you there.
but there are some people who would watch it anyway. even if they don't want it ruined.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
oppp7 said:
Lol, was that captain Reynolds from Firefly?
And Caleb from Buffy, Gao the Lesser (Jade Empire) and... a bunch of other roles. But yes, he's probably most famous for his role as Cap'n Reynolds in Firefly/Serenity.

Greyfox105 said:
Amnestic said:
Greyfox105 said:
way ahead of you there.
but there are some people who would watch it anyway. even if they don't want it ruined.
Well, that's their own stupid fault. I've ruined games for myself before and I've regretted each and every one. I don't ruin games for myself anymore. Playing them 'blind' is far more enjoyable.

Armored Prayer said:
Woah, was that girl an unmasked spartan? She had a recon helmet in her hand.
Quite possibly. The upcoming Halo anime has at least one unmasked Spartan which is female as memory serves.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Meh it doesn't rally matter honestly. The game would have started appearing online within a couple hours of release anyways.

When is the exact release date for it anyways.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
it's a shame that it gets released early in 1 country.
it's appalling that gamers in that country then abuse that mistake.
I'll never understand why they want to do it. :|
Me either, this is why companies need to be much more harsh on anybody who gets it early.

Obviously it's peoples choice to watch the videos but you get pricks who will post spoilers in non-related forums from games campaigns and nobody's expecting them.

Armored Prayer said:
Woah, was that girl an unmasked spartan? She had a recon helmet in her hand.
Don't post things from the video in the comments section.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
It's like, three weeks from its release WorldWide. Can't he hold on to that till you know, WHEN IT GETS RELEASED! And even worse, I intended to make an LP of that game a week after its release. This is bullshit!

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Does this mean they also have the new halo 3 maps? I don't want to ruin the campaign but I'd like to see some new multiplayer and Firefight action.