New game releases - Week of November 26, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
New game releases - Week of November 26, 2017

The pickings are starting to get slim as the big holiday rush has come and gone. The Switch gets another heavy hitter with the beloved JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but really, that's about the biggest dog left to be released this year.

On the plus side, Black Friday went super well for everyone's favorite Mod! As a gamer who is always at least a year back because of my backlog, I am super excited about getting to play all those games you guys have already played like Resident Evil 7, Just Cause 3, a couple of those Telltale games, and Mafia 3! I didn't end up getting the PS4 I wanted though so I guess I'll just have to hope it gets that cheap again later :(

<youtube=Xjpao-nD5YU>
[HEADING=3]November 28th[/HEADING]
Black Mirror (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Sky Force Reloaded (PS4, Xbox One)
Resident Evil: Revelations (Switch)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Switch)

[HEADING=3]November 30th[/HEADING]
Syberia 2 (Switch)
Star Ghost (Switch)
ACA NeoGeo: World Heroes (Switch)
Sky Force Reloaded (PC)

[HEADING=3]December 1st[/HEADING]
DOOM VFR (PSVR)
SOMA (Xbox One)
Blue Angels Aerobatic Flight Simulator (Xbox One)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)

Any games coming out got you excited this week? Did your black friday haul look as shiny as mine? Does it feel weird that I'm making up a third question because having just two questions at the end of this news post felt wrong? Tell us what you think in the comments!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Heres a suggestion, if its not too much trouble would you consider attaching links to trailers for the listed games?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
gigastar said:
Heres a suggestion, if its not too much trouble would you consider attaching links to trailers for the listed games?
I like the idea but it's not likely one I'll do as it would turn into a lot more work and I don't know how exactly I would manage to put in all those trailers without making it look really icky...

Although I may consider maybe just choosing A game and having that trailer in the post cause I like the idea :)

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
[*squees at the reminder that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out*] I'm gonna be honest, as good as Breath of the Wild is, this is what initially sold me on the Switch.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
gigastar said:
I like the idea but it's not likely one I'll do as it would turn into a lot more work and I don't know how exactly I would manage to put in all those trailers without making it look really icky...

Although I may consider maybe just choosing A game and having that trailer in the post cause I like the idea :)
Oh i wasnt talking about embedded videos, you could just /url the link like so

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) [Trailer [3E14CLpfHP0]]

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Just FYI, Sky Force Reloaded releases on PC via Steam on the 30th of this month as well.

For the record, I've played Sky Force Anniversary and it was pretty... meh. I've seen the trailers for SFR and they don't look all that exciting. Not that I expect either to be outright bad, but I'm certainly not all that thrilled. The music isn't intense enough and the sounds of gunfire and explosions are pretty weak. The only thing SFA or SFR have going for them is their graphics, really.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by games like Tyrian and Jets'n'Guns... Or Airstrike 3D and its sequels. Anyone remember those? Back when RealArcade was a thing, I'm guessing back in the late 90s, early 2ks, I had those games. Damn fun scrolling shooters those were.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
American Tanker said:
Just FYI, Sky Force Reloaded releases on PC via Steam on the 30th of this month as well.
I will add it to the list, thanks.

gigastar said:
tippy2k2 said:
gigastar said:

Oh i wasnt talking about embedded videos, you could just /url the link like so

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) [Trailer [3E14CLpfHP0]]
Oooooooooh...

That's a solid idea too but that would entail a lot more work (find the trailers, make sure they're trailers and not something else, and then embed them) so I likely won't do it cause I'm lazy :D

I do like the idea but these things take up a lot more time to do than you would think as it is and I just don't know if it's worth all the extra time for it unfortunately.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
Frankly, watching the videos, we see that it's not really pretty! the game apparently it's a masterpiece except at the graphics level. I prefer like that because all too often he offers us shit games but with beautiful graphics, it's better to have both but to choose I prefer this.