Assassin's Creed 2 Gameplay Trailer is Stab-tacular

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassin's Creed 2 Gameplay Trailer is Stab-tacular

The newly unveiled Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay trailer features Renaissance man Ezio Auditore de Firenze as he kicks ass, takes names, and wears poofy sleeves while he's doing it.

While the first thirty or so seconds of the trailer help set the stage, introducing the viewer to the Renaissance-era Italy setting of Assassin's Creed 2, the real show doesn't kick in until the electronica does. Imagine a very violent music video full of people being stabbed with very pointy objects, and that's about what you're going to get.

The familiar elements from the first Assassin's Creed seem to be back, as disenfranchised Florentine noble Ezio Auditore de Firenze creeps around Italy, swings from potted plants, and dives from buildings (into water, not hay - he seems to have learned how to swim). But the real highlight of the trailer is the action, as Ezio messes some suckas up.

He uses those handy wrist-blades to great effect, turning ordinary punches into punches that stab, smashes people in the face with a mallet, and - in at least one scenario - jabs a spear into some poor sap's face. That's bound to leave a mark, don't you think? As the official on the official site [http://twitter.com/Ubisoft].

AssCreed 2 hits shelves this November.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I have seen this in a previous thread, and I will say the same thing.

Nice.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I am -Really- starting to like the look of this game.
and flying? :)
last time I tried that on assassin's creed, Mr Face met Mr Floor.
very quickly and personally.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Hammers.

Staffs and dual-wielding with swords.

Dual daggers.

Swinging and swimming.

Is there anyone who doesn't love this additions? Also combat moves seem more variable, even if those are just the Counter moves.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
I feel like I'm going to get too into this game. No body stand to close when I have a knife ok?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Escapist is getting slow with their news stories, especially since a thread was made about this a few hours ago =P

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
This game is shaping up to a much, MUCH better game than the first one. Unless they pull the old "Now things are getting interesting! Oooohhh, sorry, you'll have to play the rest in our NEXT game..." again.

Venice seems like a lot more fun to look at than the cities from numero uno as well. Crap, I want this game. Mmmmmm... stabbiness...

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
That. Was. Awesome.

I'm even more glad that Assassin's Creed 2 is being released this November, meaning not every game worth playing has been delayed to 2010. Between this, Dragon Age Origins, and Left 4 Dead 2, I think this Christmas is going to be quite enjoyable for me.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Looking really good.

One thing I will say is that in a few of the screenshots Ezio's face seems to look a little low res - although a lot of screen shots look like they're photos of a screen so they're a bit blurred.

Looking to be much improved over the first - can't wait.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Swinging on potted plants to turn corners in your free running... that is going to be so much fun lol. Been waiting for this game sise half way through #1, and the wai is only getting harder!

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

PS: I'm excited for this game.

EDIT: Anyone else notice how weird some words look after you repeat them a couple times?

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Assasin's Creed II is usually shortened to just Assassin's II. Just puttin that out there.