Lost Planet 2 Demo Downloads Beat RE5's

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lost Planet 2 Demo Downloads Beat RE5's

Resident Evil 5 set records as the most popular demo downloaded on Xbox Live - and according to Capcom, the Lost Planet 2 demo is even more popular.

Back in February, the RE5 demo lit up the charts, with 1.8 million downloads in its first week alone - and 1.3 of those in just the first three days. Of course, being the first true next-gen installment of an extremely popular series probably had something to do with that. Which is why it's kind of surprising to hear Capcom's Chris Kramer tell VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/04/lost-planet-2-demo-beats-re5-demo-downloads-in-first-24-hours/] that "In 24 hours we actually got more downloads of the Lost Planet 2 demo than we did of Resident Evil 5."

"That kind of astonished all of us." Yeah, Chris, us too. It makes sense for an eagerly anticipated title like RE5 (boy, can you imagine if they just offered a demo for, say, Modern Warfare 2?) to be popular with the demo crowd, but... Lost Planet 2? No offense to Capcom, but the first one didn't exactly set the world on fire. Because it was covered with ice, of course.

Maybe this bodes well for the sequel? Or perhaps all the demo junkies on Xbox Live all signed on together back on August 19th - the day when the demo went live - and couldn't resist. Hey, it's not impossible.

Apr 28, 2008
If they released a demo for Modern Warfare 2, xbox live may temporaraly go down.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
That's strange. I played the original Lost Planet and found it lacking, so why on earth is there such anticipation for it's sequel. Perhaps this has something to do with that awesome announcement trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd0dGi2d5Dk] they aired exclusively on Xbox Live. That might have something to do with it.

If the world makes any sense, the upcoming Brutal Legend demo's downloads should trump both of these.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
Well I guess I'll have to go check it out then. Damn another thing on my to do list.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
WOW, guess I have to play that game then. Hell, if I like it I can probably pick up the first game too. It shouldn't be that bad if it got THAT many downloads, right?

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
I played the Japanese version of the Resident Evil 5 demo way before it was even available in the states. :D

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
I had bought the first Lost Planet buying into all the hype it had and was let down by the gameplay really. I downloaded the demo just to try it out, now with no intent of buying the second.