289: What Happens in New Vegas

chopperman

Jan 17, 2010
"my xbox has frozen again and its back to square one"
well theres your problem you played new vegas on xbox its like playing black ops on ps3 and expecting the game not to disconnect contently

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
WOW how did you manage to crash that much? Seriously that's awful. I played the majority of the game pre-patch on 360 and got maybe 4 or 5 crashes. Post-patch I haven't crashed at all except once (after I had played it for about 6 hours straight). You either have terrible luck or terrible ventilation.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Weird, for me it was no crashes, limited small bugs, just loads of fun :)

I am on the Xbox 360 version.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
tman_au said:
My gripe is the vaults felt way too few and generic and there is obviously some additional content that was half finished or deliberately left out which i'm sure we'll be slogged dollars for in the near future.
If you mean textually, then I agree (though the vaults would be built the same as a rule of thumb). Some areas felt extremely familiar (sewers, caves, cloned houses) and the more interesting Vegas strip is only a tiny part of a bland brown and grey map. However if you're saying the ideas around the vaults were boring, I would argue Vault 11 was one of the better vault ideas...

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
Ahh a thread raging about the bugs in Fallout: New Vegas. Probably more appropriate awhile ago when the same problems were still occuring with the game, but still valid complaints. I played the PC version myself with only one problem, the gates of Vegas decided to relock on me. Fortunately, you use the console to fix it on the computer :)

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
tman_au said:
Russ, try playing it on PC. I've done in excess of 100+ hrs and encountered only the odd clipping issue and a few minor bugs along the way.

My gripe is the vaults felt way too few and generic and there is obviously some additional content that was half finished or deliberately left out which i'm sure we'll be slogged dollars for in the near future.
Yeah I thought that was annoying too, most of the vaults in the first two games were pretty unique. I guess when you have a meal ticket like Fallout it's hard to get motivated though.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
i swear i have the best luck with buggy games, New Vegas has only ever crashed once on my xbox and apart from that the only glitch ive had was when a Deathclaw randomly materialized in front of me although that was sorta funny. And ive never had problems with Fallout 3 or Oblivion for that matter. My SPECIAL Luck must be at 10

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Aaand thats what you get for playing a buggy game on a console.
Seriously,My brother completed the game in 25 hours.
He DID used the godmode cheat but that only reduces the amount of grind in order to defeat someone.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
This game seems awesome but the bugs are the issue for me. Well now that there has been a patch update I think that I will buy this game at some point. I still don't get Obsidian. Why are they releasing broken games all the time??? Are they even testing their games?

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Is it really that bad? Still? Damn, I bought this bugfest for my Xbox a few weeks back and wanted to start playing in a few days, but... damn!

Anything I should definately avoid doing in the New Vegas? Don't want my Xbox/savegames to get fucked up by actually wanting to choose sides...

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I didn't have nearly the number of troubles Russ did. Though it locked up around 8 times in the 70 your of play I invested. I never hit any hugely hindering bugs. It's frustrating though when you have to look on the Internet to check for bugs before you do anything. It's like your walking through te Mojave looking for signs that other wonderers have written, except instead of "here be ants" the poorly scribbled text on the bathroom stall is "watch out for glitches in this area. Be prepared to hard boot your xbox." It's a poorly put together game and all of the people at Obsidian should feel bad for not fixing stuff. Although I did only pay 40$ for it.... Hooray after Christmas sales!

Malgorath

Jul 13, 2010
That's odd. I have the game for 360 and have only ever had one freeze, which was most likely due to overheating. I've probably played from more than 100 hours as well, seeing that I'm on my second playthrough and I began the DLC the other day. I have had annoying bugs here or there, but not major ones. I see online that "The Thorn" is insanely-super-buggy yet I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours in there going after a few 10000 damage achievements and never had a problem. I guess I'm just lucky when it comes to avoiding bugs and crashes.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I never got any bugs but I did get at least 5 crashes/freezups when I was playing New Vegas. This kind of absolute, fucktard of a shitty QA is absolutely unacceptable and it's a wonder how Obsidian (who are known for their fucktard of a shitty QA) is still allowed to still release content like this.

It's absolutely pathetic. I doubt I will buy anything from Obsidian until they get their shit together, and Bethesda is on thin ice for me. I know that all the bugs and stuff is part of the company's image, with modders coming in to save the day, but a game shouldn't depend on modders fixing everything. It's just pathetic.

CheesusCrust

Sep 24, 2009
I have the 360 version and got by with very few problems. The game froze only once and there was a bug or two now and then but nothing big. Except for the time I left the Helios One building and Old Lady Gibson and her dogs fell from the sky and attacked me.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
That's weird. I have played about 200 hours and I have crashed only twice. Also, I'm on the PC version.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Xerosch said:
Is it really that bad? Still? Damn, I bought this bugfest for my Xbox a few weeks back and wanted to start playing in a few days, but... damn!

Anything I should definately avoid doing in the New Vegas? Don't want my Xbox/savegames to get fucked up by actually wanting to choose sides...
Just be careful of the come fly with me quest. Save before you do it, because it can corrupt saves made after completing the quest sometimes.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Mechsoap said:
Strange, i only experienced 1 crash doing exactly the same thing as what stood in the article. Though i had it for the PC so that could be what made a difference.
PC actually got it worse. You must be luck then. Go buy a lottery ticket. The PC version was the one with the most reported crashes.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
The amount of creatures I've found stuck in the ground is pretty astounding.
Which is weird because I don't remember that being a problem when I played Fallout3.