Yarr! It Be the Escapist Pirate Quiz, Mateys!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Yarr! It Be the Escapist Pirate Quiz, Mateys!

This week ends with Talk Like a Pirate Day, and begins with The Escapist Pirate quiz.

However you may feel about them in relation to ninjas, it's hard to argue that pirates are pretty damn cool. So cool, in fact, that they pop up in our favorite books, movies, and of course videogames. But besides their penchant for parrots and booty, how much do you really know about them? Time to find out!

Some quick reminders: No need to rush, but your time does affect your position on the leaderboards. You can retake the quiz, but each attempt adds to your overall time. If you want to know what questions you got wrong, just click the link at the end of the quiz.

Avast, ye scurvy dogs, and heave to! (Take the quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/24].)

Got a quiz of your own you'd like to submit? Send it to [email protected]. If we use it, you'll receive a special badge! Please be sure to put "Quiz" as the subject and include your forum name with your submission.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Damn, times got bloated since I'm running a massive code build on this computer. :(

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
100% YES!!!! well after 4 trys.
at least i was at the top!!!
im probbly not still there, my first try i got 80% correct.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
6/10. Even for a descendant of Sir Francis Drake, the pirate, this is a tough quiz.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Yarrrr! Shiver me timbers, just 6 outta ten.
It must be scurvey or rickets disease!
Nay, it be all the Rum I've consumed mateys!!!

Thanks for another quiz, they're always fun :)

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Arr.. I only got 1/10 right.
But fear not me maties, for I do not give a damn! These scirvy land crabs are not pirates!

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I guessed everytime except for the question about the R4.

But 4 out of 10 isn't so bad. Of course I could have used Google but that's no fun.

Supraliminal

Jul 18, 2009
Congratulations, you scored 0%, with 0 of 10 correct! You're currently ranked 91st out of 91 total entries

Am I that good.

*hits the bottom*