Ritual Appoints New Studio Director

Shawn Andrich

Aug 4, 2006
Ritual Appoints New Studio Director

Following the departure of VP and director of development Tom Mustaine and level designer John Schuch, Ritual has announced programmer Ken Howard as the new studio director.

With a number of notable employees leaving [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/newsroom/view/66717-Rituals-Future-In-Question-As-Employees-Jump-Ship] Ritual, the company has announced a new studio director. Former CEO Steve Nix offered his support from his new offices at id Software. "The new direction Ritual is taking will be great for the studio. It's something we've talked about for a long time, and now Ritual has a perfect opportunity to reach their goals," Steve said. "I'm excited for the company and look forward to seeing the great games they develop."

While the announcement is light on details regarding the next episode of Sin, Ken Howard is excited for the future. "I'm really looking forward to helping guide Ritual," said Ken. "2007 looks to be a great year as we finish up our current projects and start some exciting new ones. I'm excited to have the opportunity to expand my leadership role within the company, and I'm flattered by the huge amount of support everyone in the tribe has shown. There's a ton of positive energy in the halls."

Ritual has not responded to questions regarding the Sin series or what's next for the company.