Buy a PS3 Slim or Sony Will Sleep With Your Wife

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Buy a PS3 Slim or Sony Will Sleep With Your Wife

The latest entrant in Sony's "It Only Does Everything" ad campaign for the PS3 Slim suggests that if you fail to buy your family a PS3, your wife and kids will leave you for Sony Director Kevin Butler.

Have I mentioned that I love this ad campaign? Oh, right, I have [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94235-PS3-Slim-Does-Everything-Says-Ads]. Good thing, too, because I'm just going to reiterate - there are bad advertisements and there are good advertisements, and these recent commercials for Sony's PS3 redesign fall squarely on the "good" end of the spectrum.

Now, perhaps I'm reading too much into this. Perhaps hapless Aaron Howe (Desperate Father)'s failure to purchase his family a PlayStation 3 merely leads his children and wife to go spend time at Sony because it's so awesome there, and they'll return as soon as Howe gets with the program, but I'm not entirely sure. After all, was that puppy theirs to begin with, or is Sony "Family Activities Director" Kevin Butler wooing the man's wife with gifts like adorable slurp-tastic canines?

There's definitely a chemistry there, for sure. Let this be a lesson to everyone out there in PS3-less-ville: Don't trust Kevin Butler.

While this doesn't beat Dokken vs. Chicken [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94618-Ad-of-the-Week-Protect-Your-Chicken-From-Dokken] as the best ad of the week, it's certainly up there.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Great commercial. Sony is finally on the ball, at least where marketing is concerned.

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
lol awesome ad. Although there aren't really an awful lot of games like LBP that are family oriented on the PS3.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Man sony's really making that push to sell those ps3's. Fun commercial; though I wouldn't exactly consider that God of War 3 poster on the wall an advocate for "family togetherness".

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The joke's on YOU Sony! I have no wife for you to sleep with!

Better than Microsoft and Nintendo's agenda. Microsoft wants your money and Nintendo wants your immortal SOUL

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
randomrob said:
lol awesome ad. Although there aren't really an awful lot of games like LBP that are family oriented on the PS3.
i think thats where the "it does only everything" thing comes in, Aaron Howe can have it to brutalise bad guys with over powered weaponry, the kids can watch 101 dalmations in BLURAY *insert applause here* and the wife can use it to send kinky emails to Kevin Butler while she pretends to make a meat based snack with it.
unintentional sexism right there

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Oh my God, that was awesome! I want that thing the dad built.

EDIT: Losing backwards compatability was a bad move.

IDBash

Sep 4, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:

Better than Microsoft and Nintendo's agenda. Microsoft wants your money and Nintendo wants your immortal SOUL
BUT I DO!! SHOOOT!!!!! Touch my wife and I will employ the great and powerful M$ to take you out!!!!!!!

PS: PC is better!

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Quite possibly the creepiest and funniest PS3 ad I've seen in a while.

It figures. Only the PS3 could harness the power to break apart loving families!
[small]...I mean...the 360 can only shake them up a bit...[/small]

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Oh god! She was totally sleeping with him!

This advert scares me, I'm going to go cry now. Even more than the original PS3 adverts with the people who I'm sure were made of plastic.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:

Oh and dont forget Nintendo also wants all the children of the world...... what they are going to do with them we can only speculate.....

Oh and great comercial. Now if only I found the PS3 appealing in some way other then a marketing plan my loved ones might be safe.