UPDATE: Entire Scribblenauts Vocabulary Now (Unofficially) Online

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
UPDATE: Entire Scribblenauts Vocabulary Now (Unofficially) Online

Though Scribblenauts won't be hitting shelves officially until tomorrow, the game's entire 22,802 word vocabulary is now online for your perusal/cheating pleasure.

Don't quite grasp what a huge list of words [http://rush68.net/u/files/scribfull.txt] has to do with a cutesy Nintendo DS title? In Scribblenauts the goal is to solve puzzles by typing words into the game, which the game will then convert into items that your character can use within the game world. With 22,802 options, you can imagine how expansive the gameplay can get.

Included in the list are terms you'd expect, such as "cat," "dog," and "evaporative cooler," but what's really impressive is that the developers went to huge lengths to include really obscure terms that seem aimed directly at the biology faculty at your local university.

"Hexachlorocyclopentadiene" anyone?

Update: The vocabulary list we linked to may not be the full list of words found in Scribblenauts. "That was leaked by a hacker who does not know anything," said lead designer Jeremiah Slaczka in an interview with Fast Company [http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/kevin-ohannessian/not-quite-conversation/scribblenauts-innovative-gaming-through-imagination]. Continuing, Slaczka revealed that the game's final vocabulary contains more than the 22,802 words found in the leaked list.

(Image [http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Hexachlorocyclopentadiene-2D-skeletal.png&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hexachlorocyclopentadiene-2D-skeletal.png&usg=__U0eIKQ_-wC-IXv1oz5L1OiJ201U=&h=950&w=1100&sz=46&hl=en&start=9&sig2=MFUgISj2xJnwMqrtQTznTA&um=1&tbnid=qw1MUF7EpPwcZM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DHexachlorocyclopentadiene%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=Kb6uSpH7B4rssQOC8InWCw])

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
It strikes Me that anyone would want to ruin their imagination with this game so early.

From what I have heard this game has been Pirated like hell (Which Distresses Me since I'm from the Uk and loads of you Americans seem to be doing it despite the game being out tomorrow)

I suppose Science terms are hard to find

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
This ruins the game for me. I want to use my own imagination to solve things, not someone else's.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Radeonx said:
This ruins the game for me. I want to use my own imagination to solve things, not someone else's.
So don't read the list. I'm not.

22,000 words though? That's insane.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Radeonx said:
Yes, but if you don't read it, then you don't have that problem... maybe.
I'll buy it after a couple of people review it. (and those reviews are good)
Not worth it to me otherwise.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Well good thing somebody dragged my imagination out and shot it in the head

...is what I would be saying if I looked at it. And if anybody needs to see a vocabulary list for this game to make a decision on buying this game, then I think you just might be doing it wrong.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
mydogisblue said:
So, according to this list, Master Chief is going to be in Scribblenauts?
A combined Nintendo and MS unit to fight off sony?

/fanboymode

jk

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
That's one helluva list "Master Chief and keyboard cat fighting a goth and dweeb combo w00t"

I can't help but think that this for the PC would be awesome mods ect.

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
I'm saddened. Vindaloo isn't there. Nor is Phall. Or Madras, Dupiaza, Bhuna, Korma, Biriyani, Dhansak, Passanda, Jalfrezi or any of the Myriad other words I'd immediately try.

After all, what's the point of a game without a good Curry? (And yes, Curry is there. But everyone who knows good food knows that you can't just ask for a Curry - who know's what you'd get?)

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
how can you use Hexachlorocyclopentadiene to solve puzzles? from what i understood from the wiki page its some illegal cheap liquid.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I saw A-Bomb Shelter on the list. Guess what's going to be the first thing that I make?

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
swaki said:
how can you use Hexachlorocyclopentadiene to solve puzzles? from what i understood from the wiki page its some illegal cheap liquid.
It's essentially an unrefined pesticide that has been widely criticized as being overly toxic.

Honestly, I can't imagine a puzzle I couldn't solve with a bucket of super poison.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
popdafoo said:
Guess what's going to be the first thing that I make?
An octopus?
Just kidding ;)

I for one will certainly be getting this game.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
swaki said:
It's essentially an unrefined pesticide that has been widely criticized as being overly toxic.

Honestly, I can't imagine a puzzle I couldn't solve with a bucket of super poison.
get the star from the floating platform? from the screen shots i have seen most of the puzzles are variations of that.

but thanks for the answer, i honestly had no idea what it was^^

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Apparently that list isn't right. 'HIV' is not in the game, says people I know who pirated the game.