Anime Review: Jinki: Extend

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Jinki: Extend

Lesbian relationships, gratuitous fanservice, and giant fighting robots can't make a boring anime any less dull.

Read Full Article

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Sounds about right.

Megas XLR will be the only giant robot TV series I ever liked anyway.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
KValentine said:
Expect panty shots, girls frolicking in lakes, and a boy who pines for the feel of breasts against his head during the Venezuelan arc. Meanwhile, the Tokyo arc features implied lesbian relationships, a pedophile who stalks a girl who has a big brother complex, and a couple of attempted rapes. All of these cheesecake scenes or serious moments feel out of place and haphazardly thrown into the episodes.
Only in Japanese Anime could such topics be called Cheesy.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
KValentine said:
Expect panty shots, girls frolicking in lakes, and a boy who pines for the feel of breasts against his head during the Venezuelan arc. Meanwhile, the Tokyo arc features implied lesbian relationships, a pedophile who stalks a girl who has a big brother complex, and a couple of attempted rapes. All of these cheesecake scenes or serious moments feel out of place and haphazardly thrown into the episodes.
From what I can tell, this is really just more of a fanservice anime as a whole, in that plot doesn't matter, just the panty shots, implied lesbianism, and occasional Mecha fight.

For other examples of fanservice anime, please see "Strike Witches," "Ikki Tousen," and many others. Also, not to sound rude, but cheesy and cheesecake are not the same. Cheesecake means somewhat sexuel (side-boob, panty shots, unrealistic boob bouncing.)

An example of cheescake is the fact that by shaking the controller in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, you can make a female characters breasts bounce. That's fanservice in the form of cheesecake.

I apologize if I was rude, it was not my intent.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Mstrswrd said:
thenumberthirteen said:
KValentine said:
From what I can tell, this is really just more of a fanservice anime as a whole, in that plot doesn't matter, just the panty shots, implied lesbianism, and occasional Mecha fight.

For other examples of fanservice anime, please see "Strike Witches," "Ikki Tousen," and many others. Also, not to sound rude, but cheesy and cheesecake are not the same. Cheesecake means somewhat sexuel (side-boob, panty shots, unrealistic boob bouncing.)

An example of cheescake is the fact that by shaking the controller in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, you can make a female characters breasts bounce. That's fanservice in the form of cheesecake.

I apologize if I was rude, it was not my intent.
Forgive my inaccurate grasp of terminology. I shall look at cheesecake differently from now on (coincidentally i'm having cheesecake for dessert).

I'mANinja

Aug 4, 2008
Only the second Anime I watched that made me life, in the serious parts, when it wasn't supposed to. I only watched five episodes and I wanted to shoot myself.