2K Sends a Little Sister for Christmas

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
2K Sends a Little Sister for Christmas

Remember when we said that the new Little Sister figurines [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.80725] would look perfect next to the Big Daddy that came with the collector's edition of BioShock? Turns out we were right.

I've always wanted one of those swanky glass display cases for my videogame paraphernalia, and 2K's Christmas present gives me the perfect excuse to finally go out and get one. The Little Sister is pretty damn nifty all on its own, but next to her very own Mr. Bubbles protector, she's all but impossible to resist.

You can pick up your very own Little Sister at the Take Two store [http://take2store.stores.yahoo.net/lisifi.html] for just ten bucks, or you can just wait until I get that glass display case and plan a movie-style heist. Just watch out for the super high-tech security system, complete with lasers, traps, and a very cranky cat.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Is this news oooorr....? Still, the two next to each other look awesome. Tell me Susan, what time do you occasionally leave your house?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Daggit, I wish random people I don't know gave me Christmas presents...

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
We could steal it, then ransom it back. I can just imagine Susan's call to the police.

"They're ransoming my little sister!"
"I see ma'am. Could you describe her for us?"
"About three inches tall, green skin, glowing eyes."
*Click*

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Is it just my imagination or does that figurine look considerably more sinister than the actual in-game Little Sisters?

Either way, to borrow a phrase from the internet: DO WANT

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Just watch out for the super high-tech security system, complete with lasers, traps, and a very cranky cat.
Laser...trap...cat? My god, woman. You've created the world's premier security system based around internet memes! It shall still fall before my master plan for thievery, consisting of the 'Italian Job' theme and a bad Michael Caine impression.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Malygris said:
Is it just my imagination or does that figurine look considerably more sinister than the actual in-game Little Sisters?

It's not your imagination. I mean, would anyone really feel bad about sacrificing that little she-demon? I think not.

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Malygris said:

It's not your imagination. I mean, would anyone really feel bad about sacrificing that little she-demon? I think not.
The Little Sisters in Bioshock were actually pretty cute...games have warped my fragile little mind.
Just in case not everyone has seen it yet, a clip by someone at halloween: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqZkglTVYE

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
My point exactly. The girls in the game, pretty endearing. The figurine...a bit more on the creeptastic side.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I really want this. If any of you still haven't gotten me a Christmas present, this would be a good idea. :)

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Malygris said:

I would try and get one, but I've got the feeling that it looks evil enough that I'll brain it with a wrench in my sleep.