30,000 Users Cut From Dating Site Because They Were "Ugly"

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Wait... Its based in Denmark? How embarrassing :,(

Oh well... At least I dont have to travel long to burn the server down.

And two other things:
1. This is illegal in Denmark, why is this still running?
2. This is against the rules of the internets, why is it still running? (With groups like Fchan, Anon and LulzSec around, why is allowed to continue and so much good attacked in sted?)

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
This is PR genius. What better way to pimp your website full of "beautiful people"?

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
As Yahtzee said in his review about "hunted" being a twat game for twats, that website is a twat site for twats.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Outlaw Torn said:
If it's an exclusive dating site for people who deem themselves "beautiful", don't you think they would be "beautiful" enough to find someone out in the real world? Of course that would mean they are at risk of seeing the ugly peons of the world! Dog forbid. It's probably just full of predators using fake photos anyway.
This makes more sense to me than anything else I've seen on this story.

Beautiful people on a website for beautiful people can only ever lead to a pretty, stupid person meeting up with a lonely ugly person with a watermarked Google images photo. You know what? I'm taking that one to Hollywood.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
As horrified as I am by the existence of this site, I have to admit, I'm fascinated as to whether I'd pass the screening...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
666Chaos said:
emeraldrafael said:
Its kinda scary youre right. I remember the story of the death guy who wasnt allowed in the guild and he was hurt, and alot of people said that hte guild was in the right.
Wait wait wait somebody wouldnt let DEATH into their guild?
Oh, no, that should be deaf.

I normally have more context, and could care less if I use an F or Th.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
What kind of a pretentious twat do you have to be to sign up for that website? How much of a social retard pretty boy/girl do you have to be to need a dating site if you're actually pretty? Seriously, if you want a date, go to a bar.

Crystalgate

Feb 7, 2009
Why would an ugly person need a virus to join that site anyway? Can't you just post a fake photo? That seems easier than relying on a virus and will probably last longer.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
666Chaos said:
emeraldrafael said:
Its kinda scary youre right. I remember the story of the death guy who wasnt allowed in the guild and he was hurt, and alot of people said that hte guild was in the right.
Wait wait wait somebody wouldnt let DEATH into their guild?
Oh, no, that should be deaf.

I normally have more context, and could care less if I use an F or Th.
You could care less? Meaning you care? Couldn't care less if probably closer to what you are trying to express.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
Crystalgate said:
Why would an ugly person need a virus to join that site anyway? Can't you just post a fake photo? That seems easier than relying on a virus and will probably last longer.
My guess is that these 30,000 accounts were applicants waiting to be filtered through the approval process, then this virus hit and everyone in the queue was instantly approved. The owners of the site then deleted these accounts because they did not meet the standards of the community.

And honestly, while it pains me to say it, the site is in the right here. The site explicitly stated that they had certain standards of who they would let into the site, and the only reason these people were let in was a computer error. Hell, I even commend them for having the...compassion, for lack of a better word, to set up that hotline in case anyone who's account got deleted was shocked enough that they would have serious problems (and hey, given that there are circles, which apparently extend to this very site, who espouse the belief that "Everyone is beautiful," sometimes telling someone they aren't can be a serious blow to the psyche).

Imagine if you will, a website set up for fans of a certain video game, let's say Call of Duty just as an example. To keep out trolls, the sites owners decided to set up a screening process rather than just let anyone in (don't ask me how this would work this is theoretical). Due to a glitch in the system, a large number of people who vocally do not like the game are let in. Soon after, the owners of the site ban those people and the site once again becomes a place where fans, and only fans, of the game can talk with each other.

Would you feel sorry for those people who don't like the game? Would you feel that the site owners are being mean by kicking those people out? It's the same scenario as here just with a different community. This theoretical one is based around CoD fans, and this real one is based around beautiful people. If you don't meet the criteria you don't get in, and if someone slips by that doesn't mean they're free from persecution.

Nov 18, 2010
Captain Placeholder said:
You want to know the sad thing? Half of the members that I have seen (At least Female) on that site were pretty hideous. Not your general kind of hideous but more Fake looking 'Botoxed Skeletor wannabee' type hideous. Bravo to anyone who can live with those kinds of people DX

If you still don't understand what I was trying to say: Imagine if Skeletor and Snooky and Micheal Jackson had a baby together.
Oh God! It burns! Make the horrible image go away before it keeps me up all night!

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Wow. Thanks for posting this...It gave me a self-confidence boost.

I may not be an anorexic super model, but I know I'd be a better girlfriend than any of those people based simply on the fact that I don't judge someone's worth by what they look like.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Is there a smartpeople.com? how about an interestingpeople.com? These would be relevant to my interests.

As for these supposedly beautiful people, anyone can be pretty when they spend every penny they have on botox and nose jobs.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Irridium said:
Meh. Bunch of shallow people on a shallow site. Don't care too much.

Woodsey said:
Cousin_IT said:
Woodsey said:
The Great JT said:
I vote we kill anyone registered with Beautifulpeople.com (not counting the 30,000 that signed up because of that virus). They deserve it.
Just because we're prettier than you?
you ain't fooling anybody
*cries into pillow*
It's ok. I think your pretty.
You don't think I'm so ugly when I cry?

[sub]Son, I am disappoint.[/sub]

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Speakercone said:
Is there a smartpeople.com?
Sorry, that's worse if you're trying to be inclusive, since 95% of the internet is ineligible for that. XD

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
I really don't see the issue, the site is called 'beautifulpeople.'
It isn't a standard dating site like 'e-Harmony', cause if they did something like that then we have an issue.

We all know there are beautiful, normal, and ugly people in the world, but as soon as someone openly makes the distinction. So many people, get all bunched up in there panties. It's quite insane.

You know its possible to be attracted to someone by there physical traits, and then get to know them and find out they are an awesome person. Beautiful people, are people too. Its not just the ugly and normal people who have personality.

You want to rip on a website, something that is actually news worthy how about 'Ashley Maddison'. A web site designed specifically to facilitate and encourage, adultery.