30,000 Users Cut From Dating Site Because They Were "Ugly"

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Nomanslander said:
LoL, I think I'll sign up just to see if I'll be let in, I mean I think I'm pretty good looking as much of a nerd as I am. But let's see what that site says...:p

Raiyan 1.0 said:
probably filled with narcissistic airheads who sign up to caress their own egos.
Why I'm signing up...lolXP
Let us know how it went! xD

I am tempted now...but i don't want a big message in the middle of screen saying something like "PISS OFF YOUR TO UGLY" :(

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, those "ugly" people deserve it! Also they should ban anyone who hasn't enough money, or power, or is of a "minor" race, or hasn't the "natural" sexuality, or of another religion, or... eh, what else?

Sarcasm aside, just don't support communities categorizing and excluding others this way. Nothing else to say about it.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
It's not the beauty we're criticising, it's the vanity.
Quite frankly, I'd take the vanity over the pointless spite, ultra-judgmentalism, and how-dare-you-want-to-date-someone-more-attractive-than-me egocentrism any day of the week.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
They have a website for beautiful people? Hah.. best joke ever. No offense, but it doesn't matter how you look on the outside, for dating is based on dating the person you feel happy with for who they are on the 'inside' period. This sickens me, I really hope their website goes on fire (since it's the internet, crash then?) Maybe am overreacting, but still..
I say we use that website as bait for another hacker battle between Lulzsec and Team Poison.

The destruction that will surmount shall be glorious

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
CommanderKirov said:
Nothing matters. 'cause there is a MOTHERFUCKING LION there.

A LION.

OT: People not matching to the most common beauty standards get kicked off the site that claims to be hosting only people that match such standards?

TALK ABOUT SHOCKING!

Who knows what will happen next, perhaps a collage society will not want to include everyone in it?!

*Legasp*
Hahahaha ok that was just too funny and true

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Instead of ruining my PS3 playing experience, why aren't hacker groups taking on THIS sort of nonsense that nobody cares about?

Eyelicker

Apr 8, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Eyelicker said:
The amount of Jellymad in this thread is unbearable

It turns out that people prefer to date attractive people, so a website that is so forward about it's goals in facilitating this is no big deal.

We can sit here and circlejerk all we want stereotyping them and going for their intellects/personality or even definition of attractiveness, despite there being all kinds of attractive people. But this is simply a natural thing, albeit done online and being blunt about it: attractive people date attractive people because they can. Why would it be any other way.

Also, bear in mind that there are beautiful people out there who are nicer and more intelligent than you, and your obvious jealousy and almost gang like mentality on this makes you seem just as despicable as you perceive them. Your definition of "attractive people" seems to be based on Jersey Shore and nothing else.
The vanity you have inferred from members being open about wanting to date attractive people. Confidence =/= vanity.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
conflictofinterests said:
drisky said:
I'll just quote my self from the last thread

drisky said:
Old news they done this before when they kicked people who gained weight. They defended them selves by saying people knew what they were singing up for. The web site is full of shallow people, those who don't like it have hundreds of dating site alternatives. Its not a big deal, it would be like complaining that christiansingles.com wouldn't allow atheists. If people go on a dating site looking for a niche, they should be able to get it.
If you don't want to meet people who judge appearances, don't go to the site.
I think people are more upset that people judge appearances like that in the first place, either because they have been harshly judged before or they find such a segregating response to such a superfluous attribute to be objectionable, if not immoral. Yes, it is easy enough to avoid such things, but that fact does not make any outrage one feels towards it any less valid.
My appearance has been harshly judged all my life, I'm plenty used to it. I know these kinds of people exist and if people have high standards for looks I'm not going to stop them, It may or may not make them happy but its there own business. I also know that before when the news talked about them, the were severely hassled by tons of people, so I know majority opinion doesn't like the idea, and a site like this would only be enjoyed by a small minority. Maybe I've just had time to get over the sites existence, but I doesn't bother me that shallow people exist, I already knew that. As long as said people don't talk to me at least.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Eyelicker said:
Abedeus said:
Eyelicker said:

It turns out that shallow people prefer to date attractive people, so a website that is so forward about it's goals in facilitating this is no big deal.
We can sit here and circlejerk all we want stereotyping them and going for their intellects/personality or even definition of attractiveness, despite there being all kinds of attractive people. But this is simply a natural thing, albeit done online and being blunt about it: attractive people date attractive people because they can. Why would it be any other way.
Except like someone noticed, those aren't even "beautiful" people. It's because the standard of beauty is a thinned-down Skeletor without emotions. I think I've seen at least a hundred of women that look pretty, but were so God damn thin I wouldn't touch them out of fear of breaking them in half.
Also, bear in mind that there are beautiful people out there who are nicer and more intelligent than you, and your obvious jealousy and almost gang like mentality on this makes you seem just as despicable as you perceive them. Your definition of "attractive people" seems to be based on Jersey Shore and nothing else.
Beautiful AND smart people don't need a website to tell them they're beautiful, and they should be smart enough to find dates without being pretty.

But if you like the idea of shallow plastic surgery addicts dating and making more shallow appearance-centric spoiled brats, go ahead, can't stop ya.
Thank you for proving my point and responding with a stereotype filled rant and veiled ad hominem instead of a well thought out argument.

It doesn't make you shallow to find beautiful people attractive and want to date them, it makes you human. If you date people with absolutely zero thought to their aesthetics, then power to you my friend, but the rest of us unenlightened masses are yet to obtain that level of zen, and physical attraction plays a part AS WELL AS (not instead of) spiritual connection.
And you just insulted me with sarcasm.

Let me guess - you are a member of this website and you got mad (see, I can use hip meme responses too). Or are incredibly insecure about yourself.

Finding beautiful people to date with them is not shallow. Making websites and elite clubs where "You must be this purrty to join!" is basically the aesthetic equivalent of... elite clubs for rich people, who talk to other rich people for no other reason than because they're rich too. On the other hand, if you refuse to date someone only because they aren't a part of a society of egocentric egomaniacs, then it is being shallow, assuming that being less than perfect = has no personality.

That's just as bad as judging people by how wealthy they are. Even worse, since you can't "work" on being pretty, you are born this way or not. "This peasant woman, you love her? BUT SHE'S A PEASANT, AND PROBABLY IRISH TOO! Her father has no hats, and thus your son with her would wear no hats! She's not worth your affection! You must marry this beautiful, but empty as an eggshell wench from a high-class family!"

I thought people stopped creating and existing in such societies decades ago. Unless your idea of a "dating site" is "site where you look for cheap and easy sex", but that kiiiinda seems dull. All that effort just to score some one-nighters with empty babes.

Don't forget, beauty is temporary. In 10 years tops, that extra-hot babe you hooked up with and had kids with is going to rot. So are you. In 20 years, 30, 40, even more. All you'll have left with are spoiled kids raised on the idea that beauty is everything, and a brain-dead wife who spent too much time perfecting her looks instead of developing personality.

Besides, how can you even tell if a potentially witty, sophisticated and charming girl is worth dating, if you crossed her off because SOMEONE ELSE'S SUBJECTIVE IDEA (admin? beauty-checker? dunno how that site works) didn't deem her perfect enough on the outside.

Eyelicker

Apr 8, 2010
Abedeus said:
Eyelicker said:
Abedeus said:
Eyelicker said:

It turns out that shallow people prefer to date attractive people, so a website that is so forward about it's goals in facilitating this is no big deal.
Except like someone noticed, those aren't even "beautiful" people. It's because the standard of beauty is a thinned-down Skeletor without emotions. I think I've seen at least a hundred of women that look pretty, but were so God damn thin I wouldn't touch them out of fear of breaking them in half.
Beautiful AND smart people don't need a website to tell them they're beautiful, and they should be smart enough to find dates without being pretty.

But if you like the idea of shallow plastic surgery addicts dating and making more shallow appearance-centric spoiled brats, go ahead, can't stop ya.
Thank you for proving my point and responding with a stereotype filled rant and veiled ad hominem instead of a well thought out argument.

It doesn't make you shallow to find beautiful people attractive and want to date them, it makes you human. If you date people with absolutely zero thought to their aesthetics, then power to you my friend, but the rest of us unenlightened masses are yet to obtain that level of zen, and physical attraction plays a part AS WELL AS (not instead of) spiritual connection.
And you just insulted me with sarcasm.

Let me guess - you are a member of this website and you got mad (see, I can use hip meme responses too). Or are incredibly insecure about yourself.

Finding beautiful people to date with them is not shallow. Making websites and elite clubs where "You must be this purrty to join!" is basically the aesthetic equivalent of... elite clubs for rich people, who talk to other rich people for no other reason than because they're rich too. On the other hand, if you refuse to date someone only because they aren't a part of a society of egocentric egomaniacs, then it is being shallow, assuming that being less than perfect = has no personality.

That's just as bad as judging people by how wealthy they are. Even worse, since you can't "work" on being pretty, you are born this way or not. "This peasant woman, you love her? BUT SHE'S A PEASANT, AND PROBABLY IRISH TOO! Her father has no hats, and thus your son with her would wear no hats! She's not worth your affection! You must marry this beautiful, but empty as an eggshell wench from a high-class family!"

I thought people stopped creating and existing in such societies decades ago. Unless your idea of a "dating site" is "site where you look for cheap and easy sex", but that kiiiinda seems dull. All that effort just to score some one-nighters with empty babes.

Don't forget, beauty is temporary. In 10 years tops, that extra-hot babe you hooked up with and had kids with is going to rot. So are you. In 20 years, 30, 40, even more. All you'll have left with are spoiled kids raised on the idea that beauty is everything, and a brain-dead wife who spent too much time perfecting her looks instead of developing personality.

Besides, how can you even tell if a potentially witty, sophisticated and charming girl is worth dating, if you crossed her off because SOMEONE ELSE'S SUBJECTIVE IDEA (admin? beauty-checker? dunno how that site works) didn't deem her perfect enough on the outside.
Sorry if you thought I meant to offend you bro, I honestly wasn't looking to do that, but "But if you like the idea of shallow plastic surgery addicts dating and making more shallow appearance-centric spoiled brats, go ahead, can't stop ya." is an extremely loaded stereotype filled sentence and extremely weak argument. Also, once again, you seek to insult me. "Let me guess - you are a member of this website and you got mad (see, I can use hip meme responses too). Or are incredibly insecure about yourself." Can we please discuss this without you making any opinionated inferences about me, this isn't about me, so stop bringing that into the mix. I just want to argue my point.

Basically, you are saying that all the sites members are elitist and the site is by definition, elitist. I disagree. I can't speak for everyone on it, and no doubt there are many people with the character flaws you describe on it, but tarring them all with that brush is extremely judgemental and smacks of bitterness and insecurity.

You assume the members carry the attitude of the sight into all aspects of their life, and that they are all disgusted by ugly people, and view them as second rate citizens. Again, maybe some of them, but all you can reasonably conclude of someone from being a member is that they are good looking, know this, and want to date/hook up with someone else who is good looking. They will not all be the vapid "egocentric egomaniacs" that you seem to think they are. Im sure most of them will have dating circles beyond the site, and be happy to hook up with people beyond their club.

The whole peasant paragraph was just another huge stereotype laden rant, as for your cheap and easy sex bit, people can use it to find "the one" or just casually hook up, who are you to judge their sexual morals? (something else you cant make assumptions about based on site membership.)

Again, it's rubbish that beauty is temporary, and there are many elegant, attractive middle aged people, your assertion that there arn't is the kind of shallow one dimensional opinion you seem to be accusing them of.

"All you'll have left with are spoiled kids raised on the idea that beauty is everything, and a brain-dead wife who spent too much time perfecting her looks instead of developing personality." - More stereotyping, not all good looking couples end up like this, so why do you think a good looking couple who met on this site would. You can't judge someone so extremely based solely on membership.

I don't want to offend you bro, just open some eyes before we all jump on the hate wagon.

SOME of them will be as bad as you describe, not all, and the sight itself is not to blame for some good looking people being shallow, they would be this way with or without it.

Eyelicker

Apr 8, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Eyelicker said:
SirBryghtside said:
Eyelicker said:

It turns out that people prefer to date attractive people, so a website that is so forward about it's goals in facilitating this is no big deal.

The vanity you have inferred from members being open about wanting to date attractive people. Confidence =/= vanity.
So we're all just closed-minded in comparison to your greatness. *shrug*
No, you're closed minded because you judge and stereotype people based on being good looking, knowing this, and wanting to date other good looking people. I never said anything about being great either.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Not really much of a shocker there, but I do have to say the comments here are pretty funny, they're pretty much divided into 'you're just jealous of them' or 'good looking people on this site are vain'. Meh, who the fuck cares. They're just a bunch of people who are basing their social and romantic interaction on a quality, same as everyone else. I understand the criticism of such a site and I doubt it has to do with jealousy, it's more likely it has to do with a challenge against elitist nonsense based on looks, income, etc. But I also doubt that all the people on this site are simply vain and devoid of personality (some are, of course, but blanket statements hardly do you any good). It's just another group with a criteria, nothing more.

Also I obviously can't date any of the beautiful humans on the site, but do you think they'd mind if I asked the lion out?