30-Day Xbox One Exclusivity Announced for First Two Paid Division DLCs

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
30-Day Xbox One Exclusivity Announced for First Two Paid Division DLCs

Xbox One gamers will get a 30 day head start on the first two paid expansions for The Division.

In a blog post today [http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-post-launch-content-xbox-one-exclusivity-details/], Ubisoft announced a deal with Microsoft that will guarantee Xbox One users 30 days of advanced access for the first two paid DLC's for upcoming open-world, apocalyptic multiplayer shooter Tom Clancy's The Division.

As previously announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166160-Three-Paid-Expansions-Will-Be-Available-for-The-Division#&gid=gallery_5413&pid=3], three paid expansions will be available for The Division over the course of the next year. The first, Underground, "opens up a new area to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action." In the second expansion, Survival, "players will have to survive as long as possible in a very hostile environment that will challenge even the most talented agents." No information has been provided on the third paid expansion, Last Stand. All three paid expansions are included in The Division's season pass.

Ubisoft also recently detailed the game's free updates, which will be available at the same time on all platforms when they become available. The first, Incursions, introduces new features, along with "a challenging end-game activity that rewards squads with high-level loot, if they're successful." The second, Conflict, brings new features to the Dark Zone, along with "a special incursion into New York's iconic Columbus Circle."

The Division releases tomorrow March 8, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

[gallery=5919]

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Kind of funny how Activision and Ubisoft seemed to swap their console of choice for exclusivity. It'll be interesting to see what console the next AC/Watch Dogs game leans towards.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
All these timed exclusivity deals are just silly now. Well, they were silly before, but it feels more pathetic than ever. Can't we all just get along and stop this pointless, childish tug-o-war and let consumers be? The Division looks kinda boring though. Especially the planned DLC...uncharted underground of New York, you say? Ooooh an extended sewer level and endless, samey tunnels for even more money?? Who do I need to screw to sign me the fuck up now!?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
So is this to make up for losing the DLC exclusivity for "Black Ops III"? How 'bout shit like this just doesn't happen?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Ubisoft announced a deal with Microsoft that will guarantee Xbox One users 30 days of advanced access for the first two paid DLC's"
Soooo, those two moneygrubbers are happy and actual customers i.e. gamers get the short end of the stick... great business practices! Assholes.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Black Fire Dragon13 said:
Wow Ubisoft, way to keep that under wraps and spring it out at the last minute.
Black Fire Dragon13 said:
Wow Ubisoft, way to keep that under wraps and spring it out at the last minute.
Actually, this isn't news. At most, the only new thing being stated is the amount of time. I don't have the energy top verify something that the paid journalists won't. We already knew there was going to be a period of Xbone exclusivity. Or, rather, we had the capacity to know, because it's been mentioned before.

Contrary to what this article might lead you to believe, Ubisoft has not just dropped some new bombshell on us.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I don't understand why timed exclusivity is a thing, but if Microsoft/Sony are that bothered about throwing their money needlessly at third party publishers, then whatever.

I mean, seriously, has anyone really based their platform purchase on whether or not they get DLC first, or not?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Funny thing that company called Microsoft...

Phil Spencer a while ago: ?My strategy is more around our own first party franchises, and investing in franchises that we own, and probably fewer exclusive deals for third party content. I want to have strong third party relations, but paying for many third party exclusives isn?t our long term strategy.?

Now today we hear of Microsoft throwing money at Ubisoft for timed exclusivity of dlc and of Microsoft canceling a Fable game and possibly closing Lionhead studios, go on Phil, feed your fans some more shite, they seem to be lapping it up.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
bluegate said:
Funny thing that company called Microsoft...

Phil Spencer a while ago: ?My strategy is more around our own first party franchises, and investing in franchises that we own, and probably fewer exclusive deals for third party content. I want to have strong third party relations, but paying for many third party exclusives isn?t our long term strategy.?

Now today we hear of Microsoft throwing money at Ubisoft for timed exclusivity of dlc and of Microsoft canceling a Fable game and possibly closing Lionhead studios, go on Phil, feed your fans some more shite, they seem to be lapping it up.
Lets be fair here. Sony is throwing money at every 3rd party to secure these console exclusives. The next Lego game has exclusive PS4 dlc for crying out loud. MS needs something.

And did you try Fable Legends? I got into the beta and it wasn't good. The trailer is freakin awesome but that is where it ends. I don't understand your arguement. You expect MS to keep throwing money at a company that isn't producing? What was the last good Lionhead game?