300 Heroes Rips Off League of Legends, Naruto, Shrek and More

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
300 Heroes Rips Off League of Legends, Naruto, Shrek and More

The Chinese bootleg proves once more that there is no Mandarin word for "copyright."

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found the mother of all Chinese bootlegs. Introducing 300 Heroes, the game that rips-off every franchise or intellectual property it can get its hands on. The game is a League of Legends clone in the sense that it is literally League of Legends with a bunch of other copyrighted character's skins slapped over the top of existing LoL champions. The copyrights infringed include (but are not limited to): Naruto, Shrek, Disney, One Piece, Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies.

This game is currently available in China only, and failing the simultaneous death of every single lawyer in North America, will never see release anywhere else in the world. The game features Shrek (although he is totally not Shrek, as the game says he is "Green Ogre") wearing a black Zorro mask and using poor Donkey as a projectile attack, the entire cast of both Naruto and One Piece, and a Monkey King-type character that throws Angry Birds. Wall-E even shows up to add to the randomness.

All of the characters are simply LoL champions with new skins and custom animations - some of which are actually pretty cool considering everything else. Crusader Cast [http://crusadercast.com/] admits that the models do look nice, and "fit in well with all the stolen League textures."

Lastly, for whatever reason, Plants vs. Zombies art is used as the backdrop for the game's lobby. This, to me, is the strangest of all the game's infringements. It's almost as if the developer was specifically trying to infringe on as many copyrights as humanly possible in a single game, and stealing the PvZ art for the lobby was a quick way to rack up its total.

Source: Crusader Cast [http://crusadercast.com/]

Klonoa Prower

Jul 23, 2008
China just enjoys sticking it's tongue out at the rest of the world... probably singing a Mandarin translation of M.C. Hammer's "Can't Touch This" too.

Honestly, I kinda think this is pretty adorable... something that really only a fan of the franchises would really do.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I love how they claim to hate the Japanese, but then turn around and watch the shonen shit that comes out of it >.>

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Aww hell yeah, I'm so gonna play Wall-E when this gets imported! GOTY candidate right here.

Seriously guys? Seriously? It just boggles the mind, especially considering the LoL is a free game anyway. Wait... is LoL avaliable in China? Because that would explain a lot...

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Fed Naruto gg, who picks Sasuke mid vs Naruto anyway? Counterpick yourself harder, you fucking noobs.

This is actually hilarious. Fucking China. Hey does Pantheon have Gerard Butler's face photoshopped onto him? I would totally main that so hard.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
So it's like a Zynga game but they aren't as skilled at subversive ripping off, perhaps these two entities can meet for the ultimate in trash entertainment.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Hey, Chinese shmucks! If you really ARE going to rip-off famous chars, then at least give them a unique set moves, that represents their powers in their anime, game, etc. Reskining existing LoL characters is just damn lazy.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Can we just take a moment to talk about how fucking scummy this guys thumbnails are?
I don't see any pink haired bikini clad anime girl anywhere in that video, and browsing his other stuff there's a lot of ass and tit shots.

I mean come on. Cheap way to get views and it annoys me.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Mana Fiend said:
Aww hell yeah, I'm so gonna play Wall-E when this gets imported! GOTY candidate right here.

Seriously guys? Seriously? It just boggles the mind, especially considering the LoL is a free game anyway. Wait... is LoL avaliable in China? Because that would explain a lot...
Yes, it is. It is actually hugely popular over there.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Lastly, for whatever reason, Plants vs. Zombies art is used as the backdrop for the game's lobby. This, to me, is the strangest of all the game's infringements. It's almost as if the developer was specifically trying to infringe on as many copyrights as humanly possible in a single game, and stealing the PvZ art for the lobby was a quick way to rack up its total.
Sounds to me more like the developer was just lazily trying to create a game that cashes-in on as many things as they think are popular. But, it also comes across as the strongest example of the Birdman Fallacy (google "Sean Malstrom" and Birdman Fallacy for context) I have ever hear, where the developer simply blindly copies popular IPs without any understanding at all what makes those IPs popular. In fact, this kind of laziness is so extreme that it almost borders on genius, truly minimalist effort to slap together popular tropes in a desperate bid for gamer dollars. The sad thing is, I bet this will be popular among a certain crowd, completely justifying the, however minimal, effort of the developer.

Or I could just be talking out of my ass, here, which is quite likely.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
VMK said:
Hey, Chinese shmucks! If you really ARE going to rip-off famous chars, then at least give them a unique set moves, that represents their powers in their anime, game, etc. Reskining existing LoL characters is just damn lazy.
That would require effort. When you're already using copyrighted characters, you're not travelling down the 'put some effort into this' path.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Can we just take a moment to talk about how fucking scummy this guys thumbnails are?
I don't see any pink haired bikini clad anime girl anywhere in that video
Hahaha, oh shit. I only noticed that poorly photo-shopped picture in the thumbnail when you pointed it out. Not only is that scummy, but it also kinda shows for poor quality. Are your videos so bad you have to lie about whats in them just to get those extra clicks?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
SecondPrize said:
VMK said:
That would require effort.
So does giving them unique animations...

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Bindal said:
SecondPrize said:
VMK said:
That would require effort.
So does giving them unique animations...
I'm not entirely sure they made most those animations either. They remind me of what I use to see back with the Warcraft III custom matches of One-Piece and Naruto themed DOTA remakes.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
At this point im sure theyre just doing it to see how many lawsuits they can provoke at once.