Pwned by Comedy

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Pwned by Comedy

Pure Pwnage isn't just what the Horde do to the Alliance in every Wintergrasp session, it's also a comedic web show about gamers, by gamers.

Geoff Lapaire stumbled onto comedy gold when he filmed his friend, professional gamer Jarett Cale playing Command Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour. Cale's exaggerated performance gave rise to an increasingly popular following and spawned some of the best one-liners, including "Boom, Headshot!" In Issue 182, Pat Miller interviews the creators of Pure Pwnage on their start, how they keep ideas coming, and t-shirts:

"The "Jeremy Silhouette," [shirt] for the record, is a picture of - you guessed it - Jeremy's silhouette thrusting his hips out into the air - a spiritual predecessor, if you will, to the notorious Halo 2 "teabagging" taunt. This is fairly indicative of Pure Pwnage's humor. A typical episode usually consists of genuine human drama wrapped up in the cultural trappings of gamer fandom ("The sun burns, Kyle. Kinda like the lava in Metroid.") and a good chunk of adolescent humor."

The Guild may have MMO drama covered, but Pure Pwnage covers the rest of the gaming population. Read more about the creation of Pure Pwnage in "Boom, Headshot! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_182/5613-Boom-Headshot]" and share your favorite one-liners with us.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lauren Admire said:
Pure Pwnage isn't just what the Horde do to the Alliance in every Wintergrasp session, it's also a comedic web show about gamers, by gamers.
Oh you did NOT just do that.

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Lauren Admire said:
I just couldn't help myself.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Lauren Admire said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Lauren Admire said:
You can deny all you want, doesn't change the fact that it's true. (At least on Detheroc it is.)

OT: It really is the only way to do gamer comedy, from the inside looking out as opposed to what a lot of people at Comedy Central seem to think gaming culture is like.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Lauren Admire said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Lauren Admire said:
So you decided to help others by showing them the truth?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
Lauren Admire said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Lauren Admire said:
can I just ask...

What's the flunky status?

I mean huh?
Only a special few are chosen to be Escapist flunkies.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
lol. Hey people! you're all missing the point of the topic.

Now, back on topic... eeeh... Damn. I can't think on something intersting to say. <.<
Ok, due to my lack of thoughs, I will just walk away saying " Go go Pure Pwnage!".

Go go Pure Pwnage!

And there it is.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Maraveno said:
Lauren Admire said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Lauren Admire said:
can I just ask...

What's the flunky status?

I mean huh?
Only a special few are chosen to be Escapist flunkies.
OOH OOH can I join, im FLUNKY, please please please.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Lol you put your own news story off topic on the first sentence, also when I played WoW alliance
always pwned wintergrasp( because they had me:p)

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Lauren Admire said:
i do believe the correct term is, you got served son :p

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I watched PP over a year ago, i watched the first few episodes but i couldnt get into it enough to watch the rest.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I started to watch Pure Pwnage around Season 1 episode 7 I think. I had a hard time with the first few episodes (although Girls was awesome) but after that I was kinda hooked.

I have a bunch of favorite quotes from the show though, first one that comes to mind
"Everyone knows you run faster with a knife"

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Resenting the tagline here because on -my- server, It's about 80/20% Ally/Horde.

And yes, C&C:G:ZH is lulz when played by good people, not as lulz as Starcraft though.

Funny stuff. :p

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
Doug gets the best lines..
"I think i want to join the army. I mean it's basically like FPS but with better graphics."

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
I watched the guild and i have to say that the humour in it is at an level close to simpsons.
If i had to describe with one word it would have to be dry.

God i hope my post is relevant to the topic =S