Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle Confirmed?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle Confirmed?

Pictures have surfaced that seemingly confirm the previously rumored Xbox 360 holiday bundle, packing a 360 Elite in with two games: LEGO Batman and Pure.

Earlier today, we reported on rumors that Joystiq [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94924-New-360-Wireless-Network-Adapter-Confirmed-Holiday-Bundle-Rumored] - it looks like we've got some sort of confirmation. This picture was submitted to Joystiq by a reader, and pretty clearly advertises everything that was mentioned in the leak: Xbox 360 Elite, LEGO Batman, Pure.

If it's a fake, it's an extremely good one, but as always there's no way to know for sure until we get official confirmation. So don't go rushing out to put your preorders down just yet. That is, of course, assuming you really wanted these two games for some ... inexplicable reason. I suppose people might have really wanted last year's bundle of Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones, too.

Because you know, heaven forbid that Microsoft or Sony bundle a console with games that people actually care about and would like to play. And no, this doesn't count limited edition release bundles - I'm talking about games that just come bundled with every system you buy. What happened to the days where every SNES came bundled with Super Mario World, huh?

I have the sneaking suspicion that most of our audience will likely be more interested in that sweet-looking Modern Warfare 2 bundle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94749-Modern-Warfare-2s-Limited-Edition-360-Bundle-Does-It-Big], but hey. Maybe you could get it for your kid brother or parents or something.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
*sigh*
I still have the "Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda" bundle that came with my 360. I can't bring myself to trash it (and I truly doubt I would get much for it as a trade-in).

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
ummm hate to point out but the PS3 has been bundled with Motorstorm or Uncharted for the most part, both games which are pretty worth playing and very good.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Meh, buy a console and get two soon to be $20 bin worthy games... I believe I'll pass and shoot for the MW2 bundle.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
THere is already an elite package with Fable 3 and Halo 3 (while both average games) for the same price as a normal Elite at the local best buy. This seems like a worse deal.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
cleverlymadeup said:
ummm hate to point out but the PS3 has been bundled with Motorstorm or Uncharted for the most part, both games which are pretty worth playing and very good.
The Uncharted one was a limited edition software bundle, wasn't it? I mean something along the lines of where every console sold just comes with the games - think the NES and Super Mario Bros, or even the Wii and Wii Sports.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
cleverlymadeup said:
The Uncharted one was a limited edition software bundle, wasn't it? I mean something along the lines of where every console sold just comes with the games - think the NES and Super Mario Bros, or even the Wii and Wii Sports.
nope it was a bundle, that was out for a pretty long time and you can still get it [http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10114041&catid=24714&logon=&langid=EN]

Mr_Confuzed

May 6, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
nope it was a bundle, that was out for a pretty long time and you can still get it [http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10114041&catid=24714&logon=&langid=EN]
Although you wouldn't want to, because the PS3 is selling at $300 now and I really doubt that Uncharted sells for $100.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Well, Lego batman isn't so bad, really...
I mean, where else are you going to find a game on the 360 that is safe for small children that you'd be willing to play with them?

Robert632

May 11, 2009
here i was thinking they knew how to advertise to the main audience of the 360. silly me.