Anime Review: Slayers Next

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Slayers Next

The sequel to the comedy classic The Slayers is even better than its predecessor.

Read Full Article

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Slayers Next is probably loaded down with some of my favorite gut buster moments in any anime, tons of great episodes packed full of hilarity. Personal Favorites being a toss up between the episode where the cast are Hunting Lake Dragon or Martina's ill fated Curse upon Lina.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Have they just re-released Slayers Next? Because as far as I remember it's been available for a very long time. It's one of the shows I watched when I was just getting into anime. Seems weird to review a classic series as if it was just released.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Damnit. I've still yet to get to "The Slayers" (I got sidetracked to watch the various Guyver OVA series that have been released over the years), and I already know I'm going to have to watch that and this sequel series. And do the list of stuff to watch grows, despite my trying to shorten it.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Flunk said:
Have they just re-released Slayers Next? Because as far as I remember it's been available for a very long time. It's one of the shows I watched when I was just getting into anime. Seems weird to review a classic series as if it was just released.
Yes, they just rereleased it all on DVD.

Pink_Pirate

Jul 11, 2009
slayers is one of my all time favourite anime, like a lot of the great anime series from the 90's, like Martian Successor Nadesico, it dishes out comedy after comedy, but at the same time tells a good story, with a serious plot and great character development... as he said, they just dont make them like they used to

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
Slayers Next was easily my favorite series. The plot holds up throughout the entire season, and the build up of romance between Lina and Gourry really comes off well. Also Xellos is just a fun character.

And though your mileage may vary, Martina is the best gag character ever. For those of you unfamiliar with Slayers Next Martina is the Princess of a country that Lina blows up in the first episode of the season and begins hunting Lina for revenge. What makes her funny is A. Her total lack of power compared to the rest of the cast. and B. The fact that she claims to be a disciple of a dark lord called Zolmugustar... a dark lord she made up by herself and that no one else has ever heard of.

AwfulKinnah

Jan 26, 2012
Personally I think David Moo does an excellent job as Xellos. It is the people who replaced him in the later series/movie that did an awful job