BioWare Releasing Dragon Age Character Creator Oct. 13

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
BioWare Releasing Dragon Age Character Creator Oct. 13

Looking forward to Dragon Age: Origins but don't want to wait until early November? BioWare will be releasing the game's character creator on October 13th, letting you get set up a full two or three weeks in advance.

Via a post on the official Dragon Age forums [http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=696540&forum=135] comes this little tidbit of news: The team at BioWare managed to split off the game's character creator from the rest of it, and will be releasing it as a free download on the 13th for any and all to try out.

While it'll probably be fun just to see what sort of characters you can create from the good-looking to the monstrous, this is a bit more than just free idle publicity for the game. If you create characters, you'll be able to save them to your hard drive and get to use them when the actual game releases.

...at least, if you're planning on buying the PC version. It sounds to me like everybody is welcome to download it and try it for themselves, but if you were planning on grabbing it for the Xbox 360 or the PS3, you'll just have to remake them - no handy character porting for you, I'm afraid!

So, October 13th, huh? Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and now Dragon Age's character creator? That's looking to be a pretty awesome day.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
*hugs his gaming PC* I knew you wouldn't let me down Bioware.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
That is good news Dragon age is my single player must have game of this year and then Bioshock 2 in the next.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
So, October 13th, huh? Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and now Dragon Age's character creator? That's looking to be a pretty awesome day.
Shouldn't that be an "or" instead of "and" since everything here is on a different platform? I can't hold 2 controllers and a mouse at the same time.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
No so awesome if you're a PC gamer. No Uncharted or Brutal Legend for us. We get a character creator which just reminds us of how long we have to wait for the actual game. And then you remember that the game was finished a month or two ago and you had to wait for the console ports to get done. Then you just feel sad.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
That's nice. I think I'll check it out.
Although all my "self-created characters" pretty much look the same: big mofo with big beard.

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
I am getting so excited for this game, I'm actually counting down until release date...

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Jandau said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
No so awesome if you're a PC gamer. No Uncharted or Brutal Legend for us. We get a character creator which just reminds us of how long we have to wait for the actual game. And then you remember that the game was finished a month or two ago and you had to wait for the console ports to get done. Then you just feel sad.
Not for me I have a PS3 as well and well done for ebuyer.co.uk selling pre-order games no waiting in line for Uncharted 2 for me

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
While it'll probably be fun just to see what sort of characters you can create from the good-looking to the monstrous...
I was under the impression that all the characters in he game were presets.

Can you actually customize the look of your character?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
DannyBoy451 said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
While it'll probably be fun just to see what sort of characters you can create from the good-looking to the monstrous...

This is a Bioware game. If you couldn't I would really be surprised.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Finally, PC getting something instead of the consoles. About time.

Well, it's not like I'm that interested in Dragon Age. I'm waiting for Mass Effect 2 ;d But I might get interested, once I see the char generator.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
DannyBoy451 said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

It's a BioWare RPG game with controversial moral choice decisions and choosable back-stories...
It's Mass Effect minus Space.
So the answer is yes, you get plenty of sliders and forms of stubble.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Well at least the PC gamers will have a fun bonus before they notice the EA logo and understand why their OS is suddenly eating itself.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Damn my horrible PC! I swear, when i'm older and have some money of my own i shall an awesome PC and become a PC gamer.

On topic: Interesting, i already have an idea of what my charecter will look like but eh.. Dragon Age is a must have game this year along side Assassins Creed 2.

Laura.

May 30, 2009
Great! I was wondering if characters were customizable :D
I am addicted to character builders, so I guess I'll make a few in those 3 weeks (like 10 or 20).