Max Payne 3 Teaser Is Either Real or Not

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Max Payne 3 Teaser Is Either Real or Not

An unofficial teaser for Max Payne 3 has made its way onto YouTube.

This Max Payne 3 teaser video was apparently taken from the 3D Realms forums and is in no way official or known to be real. Well, the video is definitely real, meaning it exists, but whether it was created by Rockstar Games or not is unknown.

It definitely looks like it could be real, just look at those scrolling numbers in the bottom left-hand corner. Any video with something like that has to be done by pros.

There really isn't a whole lot to see in this teaser, nothing that we don't already know about Max Payne anyway. It seems he will be firing lots of bullets, from guns, and sometimes these bullets will appear to slow down to a measure that could be considered the time of a bullet, to show the trajectory of each. These bullets will be fired within close proximity to what looks like a woman wrapped in white cloth, whoever she may be. Also, Max Payne is old and bald.

If the video is a fake it's pretty well done, as is usually the case with these things. The sad part, unless you don't care about Max Payne 3 at all, is that the teaser still dates the game for release in Winter 2009, even though it has been pushed back to 2010.

(Via: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/07/possible-max-payne-3-teaser-pops-up-on-youtube/])

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Looks legit to me, it may not tell us alot (like who made it and if it is real) because it is just a teaser after all.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
McNinja said:
looks real enough to me
Just like the TF2 Guard Dog update and the Engineer's blimp? :p

Any video with something like that has to be done by pros.
Pros can be just as good as making real videos real as making fake videos real.

Either way, looks cool...I guess? Not really much to go on at this point. If it's more of the same it'll likely be fun though.

jaume08

May 26, 2009
Maybe it's not real, since there's no Copyright thing or any original logo (from Rockstar for instance), but I think it's good enough, though it doesn't give no information at all about the game.

hansari

May 31, 2009
How much time and money do you think goes into these useless trailers?

I mean, a trailer is meant to captivate someone toward purchasing a game...but all trailers like these serve as nothing but a reminder that the developers are "making a game"...

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
Why does that teaser remind me of the bayonetta debut trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQL1W3-DcE

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
The woman's reflection in the bullet actually makes me believe it's real for some reason.

Not that it matters; real or not it was a good video (high production value).

Jul 12, 2009
I don't understand why I keep reading that the person in the reflection is a "women in white cloth". Its not some mysterious character, its just a random enemy dying by Max's han.......guns. In the Game Informer Issue with the cover story for Max Payne 3, there was a panel with dozens of these random thugs firing at Max. So the "person" in the reflection of the bullete is not a women, just a random thug.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
If it was real, wouldn't Rockstar Games have marketed the shit out of it like they usually do with new trailers?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I'm going with fake, not because it's poorly done but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Amnestic said:
McNinja said:
looks real enough to me
Just like the TF2 Guard Dog update and the Engineer's blimp? :p
I never fell for that one because one of the pics was really, really obviously a fake. The characters were over twice as tall as they should have been in relationship to the map.
stinkychops said:
Its either real or not eh?
Thats a claim I can't agree with.

This just in, the world either is or isn't large.
I was also going to take the piss, but you got there first.