Get a DJ Hero Hands-On at GameStop This Sunday

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Get a DJ Hero Hands-On at GameStop This Sunday

Activision and GameStop have teamed up to let would-be DJ superstars (in the US) get their hands on DJ Hero three weeks in advance this Sunday, October 11th.

Thinking about DJ Hero but not willing to commit without playing the damn thing first? Head to your local GameStop this Sunday (October 11), because there'll be a demo awaiting your hardcore mix-master skillz. This isn't "at select locations," either - this demo is reportedly going to be at every single GameStop location in the United States.

Of course, the opportunity to rock your stuff at "50 Cent - 'Disco Inferno' vs. David Bowie - 'Let's Dance'" a full three weeks early isn't the only reason to go check the game out: Activision has a few prizes up for grabs, including copies of the game (of course), Xbox 360s, and a trip to New Orleans to meet the Real Slim Shady, Eminem, and watch the guy perform.

The full prize details:

[blockquote]Grand Prize (1 Winner)

* VIP trip for you and a friend to EMINEM's concert at the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans on October 30, 2009
* Exclusive invitation to EMINEM's sound check
* VIP meet and greet with EMINEM
* 2 Xbox 360 DJ Hero Renegade Editions signed by EMINEM
* 2 Xbox 360 consoles
* 2 Xbox LIVE Messenger Gold Packs
* 2 DJ Hero exclusive prize packs

1st Runner Up (10 Winners)

* Xbox 360 DJ Hero Renegade Edition signed by EMINEM
* Xbox 360 console
* Xbox LIVE Messenger Gold Pack

2nd Runner Up (1,000 Winners)

* DJ Hero exclusive prize pack including: DJ Hero hat, keychain, pen and sticker
[/blockquote]

It may not have the same thrill as standing onstage rocking the plastic guitar like you're Zakk frikkin' Wylde, but pretending to be the guys from Daft Punk is almost as good. You'll have to supply your own robot helmet, though - those aren't included.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/09/play-dj-hero-at-gamestop-this-sunday/])

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Nice, I'm going.
If this thing is at every Gamestop how in the hell are they going to chose a grand winner? will there over 14,000 winners?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
If they included the robot helmet I would wholeheartedly endorse this game and buy it without second thought. One can dream, though, right?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm definitely going. For that and to preorder a copy of Borderlands...

The prizes are definitely worth it as well. Minus the Eminem stuff that I don't really care for. I'd be trying for the "runner up" prizes.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I might go only to win the prizes and sell them on eBay. I have no actual interest in the game but I bet some Eminem tickets would sell well...

Well, okay, the game seems a little interesting, it's just not my type of music.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Theres a Gamestop a block away from me. I'm there! Except if I do win (Which is highly unlikely) I don't want anything to do with Eminem. I dislike him. :/

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah, I saw it at Best Buy yesterday as well. I much prefer the environment there to Gamestop.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
PoToGo said:
Yeah, I saw it at Best Buy yesterday as well. I much prefer the environment there to Gamestop.
Are you sure about that? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95180-Best-Buy-Charging-30-Extra-for-Updated-Xbox-360]​

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I like everything about the 1st prize winning.Except for all that eminem stuff.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Well the grand prize is crazy... Two 360s and two messenger packs (with 6 months a piece)... That's what I'd keep...
Also, Do you HAVE to play it to sign up?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I agree with you on this. Not like I'd be seen at GameStop anyway.

Arbitrary Cidin said:
PoToGo said:
Are you sure about that? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95180-Best-Buy-Charging-30-Extra-for-Updated-Xbox-360]
Not every store is that stupid.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Hate GameStop, hate DJ Hero, hate Emnimem or however the hell you spell that.

So I don't care at all really.