The Escapist Presents: Third Annual The Escapist Film Festival - updated 12/11/09

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Third Annual The Escapist Film Festival

Sit in on the planning meeting for The Third Annual The Escapist Film Festival and see what you can and cannot submit to win a contract with The Escapist.

Check the Film Festival Page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/3rdAnnuaFilmFestival] for more details, and submission instructions.

Watch Video

UPDATE: When loading your video, you have not submitted correctly until you see this message: "Thank you! Your video has been submitted! Once the site staff have approved your video, it will appear in our video gallery."

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Diagonal Horizontality said:
Excellent. I hope we get something as good as Unskippable and Doomsday Arcade again!

Though I doubt I'll participate; my cinematographic skills are somewhat lacking.
Same here. I think I'd be good in front of a camera, but not behind the scenes. This seems like a cool contest as well.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Hmm... I have an idea for a video. If you win, would it need to become a series?

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
It's already that time again?

Alright. Let's get to work, folks! I need a gaffer, composer, and lead actor STAT!

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Flying-Emu said:

Alright. Let's get to work, folks! I need a gaffer, composer, and lead actor STAT!
What's your idea? I might be interested.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
RebelRising said:
Flying-Emu said:

You're trying to trick me to give you my idea so you can steal it!

I'M ON TO YOU!

But seriously, I've already got a crew.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
RebelRising said:
Flying-Emu said:

You're trying to trick me to give you my idea so you can steal it!

I'M ON TO YOU!

But seriously, I've already got a crew.
Oh, that's fine, then. Good luck with it.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Awesome! So, last year's big winners were Unskippable and Doomsday Arcade but I'm wondering who won the first Film Festival?

Btw, we're still waiting for the announcement of last month's t-shirt competition ;)

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Magnatek said:
Excellent. I hope we get something as good as Unskippable and Doomsday Arcade again!

Though I doubt I'll participate; my cinematographic skills are somewhat lacking.
Same here. I think I'd be good in front of a camera, but not behind the scenes. This seems like a cool contest as well.
Then we should team up! I'm awesome with the camera, but not so in front of it.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Playbahnosh said:
Magnatek said:

Then we should team up! I'm awesome with the camera, but not so in front of it.
That would work, if we were in the same country. I'm in the US, while you are in Hungary, according to your profile. You didn't lie in your profile, did you?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Sweet!!! I was not around last year to see all the entries so I'm very excited to see what people come up with. Good luck to everyone!!

Arkuni

Aug 5, 2009
How many entries were there last year?
Is there a page somewhere to view them?

And to answer your question Spinwhiz: HELLS YEAH!!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
JRCB said:
Hmm... I have an idea for a video. If you win, would it need to become a series?
Well, if you win we would want to show more of your work because that would mean you are pretty awesome. :)

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Want to see last year's entries? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-film-festival

GebGuy

Mar 23, 2009
A wizard has turned you into a whale. Is this awesome (Y/N)?

I love that shirt.