Psylocke Coming To Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Psylocke Coming To Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

The next downloadable character for MUA2 is everyone's favorite body-swapped psychic ninja.

Carnage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95370-Carnage-Unleashed-on-Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-2] not floating your boat? Well that's ok, not everyone wants to play a psychotic shape shifter, some people would rather play a psychic ninja who was born a white woman but is now Asian and has died at least once.

It's the kind of back story that you only get in comic books, and this particular monstrosity belongs to Psylocke, a character that appears in the Wii and PS2 versions of the game, and is being released as DLC for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

"For Psylocke we wanted play up her martial arts background while still keeping her unique powers in the limelight ... we made sure to incorporate her iconic blades into her most basic attacks, so you'd be seeing them all the time," said Alex Kerr of Vicarious Visions.

Along with the character, the upcoming DLC will also feature 'simulation missions' or bonus levels that by the sounds of things are pretty much about beating the snot out of things, probably for justice or something.

sudokucrazedman

Sep 28, 2009
Yeah, so I assume this means Cyclops and Blade might pop up soon enough since they were also Wii characters. Microsoft just loves to say, "You know that character that's exclusive to your system? Yeah well, it's my character now too. Oh, you want one of my characters in exchange? Too bad *****!"

messy

Dec 3, 2008
ahh telekinesis swords, awesome. This is better news to me then carnage if I'm honest; and yeah that's one hell of a back story

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i'd like them to toss in her brother and maybe his gf along with it but that's doubtful. tho they could also add Shadowcat and NightCrawler with Pyslocke's brother and gf and you'd have another team you could play as

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I never found her to be that great a character. I still am waiting for SquirrelGirl. I also think the game has enough Xmen anyway. I demand Hawkeye! Mostly because I think he'd be a fun one to be in this kind of game. Or 'the vision' that would be badass as well

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
No Punisher? I want to interrogate criminals. Who needs super powers when you have guns, knives and explosives?

Feb 13, 2008
I have to grin when I see her, given that the Marvel fighting game on the X-Box had her using the line "Bugger Orf" as her pre-special power blast.

Seriously, can someone please check how English people speak before they try and fake it.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
nilcypher said:
Along with the character, the upcoming DLC will also feature 'simulation missions' or bonus levels that by the sounds of things are pretty much about beating the snot out of things, probably for great justice or something.
FYP

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Well, Physlocke is pretty cool from my experiences with her in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and I like her powers, so this might get interesting.
The character roster on this game might force me to buy it.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
So they keep adding characters....good...supporting a game is good...but really?

So who's going to be next?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Now if only we could get Kressel and Blob playable alongside Wolverine and Deadpool...that'd be a team-up wouldn't it?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
mrfft said:
So they keep adding characters....good...supporting a game is good...but really?

So who's going to be next?
Hopefully, Toxin. I really wish Marvel would just screw picking the characters that are popular, and pick the ones that are just awesome. Like, Toxin. For the love of god just put Toxin in this game.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Radeonx said:
Well, Physlocke is pretty cool from my experiences with her in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and I like her powers, so this might get interesting.
The character roster on this game might force me to buy it.
I remember playing as her all the way back in Marvel Super Heroes.
Sigh, i OWNED as her.
I cant wait to see what her move set will include.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
See, this is just lazy programming. Carnage is just a Venom clone with a few powers swapped out and it appears to be that Psylocke is just a reskin of Deadpool minus the healing factor and teleportation (maybe).

Give us an original or maybe let us use one of the villains we defeated during the course of the game.

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Meh. Not too impressed. The only female I've liked in the game so far has been Storm. All of the other women look basically the same and it's starting to creep me out a little bit.

You know, I do want to be able to play as Cable sometime in the future. Or Domino.

;-; I'm a huge fan of Cable and Deadpool and I only ever get to talk to him once in-game as Deadpool. C'moooon, Nate's a psychic. This game needs more psychics.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Hmmm. Intriguing. Between Madam Pinksword and Carnage, this game's looking better and better. But neither are as good as Deadpool, I say! Neither!

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
I was kind of bored at this anouncement until I heard mention of snot-beating.

Whoo Hoo!! Snot beating!!
and I suppose Psylocke is pretty cool though, wasn't she a sort of laura croft type originally? the whole british noble woman turned adventurer.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
The_Oracle said:
Hmmm. Intriguing. Between Madam Pinksword and Carnage, this game's looking better and better. But neither are as good as Deadpool, I say! Neither!
Agreed. Now I just hope they add a little versus simulation type of gameplay, that would be fun. ;p