Voice of Mario Reveals Unannounced Mario Videogame

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Voice of Mario Reveals Unannounced Mario Videogame

Nintendo has more Mario titles in development than you are currently aware of, can you believe it?

Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, has revealed with a few tweets that a new Mario videogame is in development other than New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy. It began over a week ago with this: "Mama Mia!!!! I'm going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1"

Martinet is so happy to be who he is that it's perfectly understandable that he types ones instead of exclamation points. Just in case you weren't aware, he not only does the voice of Mario, but also Luigi, Waluigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Wario, amongst others. This guy's got it made, doing voices that we all probably do just as well in our homes.

His next tweet exclaimed: "Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it's going to rain....in San Francisco tomorrow!" Oh Martinet, saying it's going to rain somewhere, you card. His tweet that stirred up the furor over a new Mario videogame declared: "Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!"

So there you have it, the Mario videogame franchise will continue beyond what has been officially announced. Will it be the sequel to Mario is Missing that the world, no, the entire universe, has been waiting for? Could it be... gasp... Mario Party 9? Or maybe Nintendo will skip right to Mario Party 10 and it'll be a MMOG? Any of those would be awful; hopefully it'll be an awesome new creation. My money is on a new 2D Mario for the Nintendo DS, though I've only bet a penny because Mario is associated with so many properties that it could be anything.

(Via:GoNintendo [http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=100844])

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Wow, there's been a lot of early announcements recently, huh?
I personally hope that it's Grand theft Mario: Mushroom Kingdom.

One can dream.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Am I the only one who can't stand the Mario voice?

Eh.

Back on topic.

I must admit I'm absolutely stumped as to what this game may be.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Wow, that guy just made the top of my list for favorite voice actors. And a new Mario game would be kick-ass.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Fifa: Mario World Cup 2010.

They usually do sport events and they have did the football thing before:p

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
The question begs to be asked, but since Mario and crew only make the same generic noises wouldn't this guy's job have ended quite some time ago? Why keep wasting money on new recordings if you've got zillions of stock recordings that all sound the same?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
Eoin Livingston said:
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Mario Multiverse maybe?
Wrong! Mario Space Time Continuim!
Nah that game bombed as it caused paradoxes
Which ones?

Oh new idea! Super Mario Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
Thank you for making me throw up a little. I like the Grand Theft Mario:Mushroom Kingdom idea, but where you play Luigi and always get calls from Mario to go save the Princess or go turtle hopping.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
hazabaza1 said:
Wow, there's been a lot of early announcements recently, huh?
I personally hope that it's Grand theft Mario: Mushroom Kingdom.

One can dream.
Or MarioKart - the way it should be [http://crowleystudios.com/index3.html].

(go to movies, Flash, and then Mario Kartnage)
Yes.
I would play that a lot.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
The question begs to be asked, but since Mario and crew only make the same generic noises wouldn't this guy's job have ended quite some time ago? Why keep wasting money on new recordings if you've got zillions of stock recordings that all sound the same?
nah i think they need him to perform the dialog in the boring and useless cutscenes

couldnt care really, but it is impressive to see that this guy does so many voices, hes like the seth mcfarline of nintendo...

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Mario Party online does sound like a pretty good game the more I think about it, get to it Nintendo!