PopCap Adds its Support to Children in Need

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
PopCap Adds its Support to Children in Need

Casual gaming giant PopCap is throwing its weight behind the BBC's annual charity fundraiser, Children in Need, giving the public a chance to challenge a celebrity and raise some cash at the same time.

Think you're a bit of a Zuma whizz? Well you might be able to put that to use for a good cause this month as PopCap is supporting the BBC's Children in Need appeal with the "PopCap Celebrity Play-Offs Tour".

PopCap, along with Welcome Break, are entreating the public to challenge its line up of sport and screen stars to a game of Zuma's Revenge, presumably making a donation to do so, with all the money raised going to help disadvantages young people in the UK.

The Celebrity Play-Offs will run from the 25th October to the 1st November and will stop off at Welcome Break locations in Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Keele, Leicester, Sheffield and Huddersfield.

Source: Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=163553941766&ref=mf#/note.php?note_id=163553941766&ref=mf]

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
That is really cool for Popcap games to run this tournament. They're giving the chance for people to compete against other players in fun and challenging games of Zuma while at the same time, helping kids who need the support. I would like to compete because I'm a big fan of Zuma however I'm only 16 so I'm not sure if I could legally enter and I live in the U.S so I can't enter.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
My mom should compete in this.She's won Zuma like 50 times.At least.And no i´m not exaggerating.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Baah! Bad charity! BAD! I'm not a fan of Children in Need - it's a night of celebrities wanking each other over how much they're not giving to charity while guilt-tripping you into giving your life savings.

Comic Relief on the other hand, at least has entertainment thrown in, too!

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
Oh yay.. what good work they are doing to advertise their own business... I mean do this charity work. People will flock to their site!