Rockstar Will Put Your Mustache in Red Dead Redemption

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rockstar Will Put Your Mustache in Red Dead Redemption

Rockstar is going to be doing its part to support Movember, a month-long celebration of the mustache that highlights men's health issues.

It's fair to say that some of the best mustaches of all time came out of the Wild West. Rockstar Games seems to believe this, anyway, and will be sponsoring the Australian-born charity Movember in the U.S. next month to find the best mustache for its game Red Dead Redemption. Movember is named for the Australian slang term "Mo" for mustache. The idea behind it is to get as many men as possible to grow a mustache during the month of November, using the mustache as a symbol for men's health issues, to raise funds for prostate and testicular cancer: The masculine equivalent of the pink ribbon.

If you register with Rockstar Games at Movember website [http://www.rockstargames.com/movember/], you could get the opportunity to appear in Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar's Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sequel to the PlayStation 2 western Red Dead Revolver. Rockstar will be choosing the man with the best mustache and will put his likeness into Redemption, at the same time supporting a good cause.

When I first read about Movember, it sounded a little silly to associate the mustache with a charity. However, I must admit that the theme of Movember is actually a good idea, because it takes the fun of a mustache contest - in which almost every man has probably been involved at one time or another - and attaches a good cause to it. Rockstar makes it even better by giving an opportunity to appear with a mean handlebar or fu manchu in a videogame. There is really no reason not to sign up.

Red Dead Redemption is scheduled for release sometime in 2010. Visit the game's official site here [http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/].

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Wait... You guys haven't heard of "No Shave November" before?

Totally doing this. Hell I can grow a full beard in 3 days, just think about what I can do with a month. :D

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Dammit, mustaches, being the only type of facial hair I can't grow well. Oh well.

This guy wins.

Mar 17, 2009
Curse my bad teenage soul patch.

Seriously though, this is how Red Dead gets catapulted back into the headlines? Kinda dissapointed, Rockstar. Moar trailers!

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Finally, an excuse to grow a beard.

[small]*rubs his chin*[/small]

..........soon...............soon.....

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The Infamous Scamola said:
Curse my bad teenage soul patch.

Seriously though, this is how Red Dead gets catapulted back into the headlines? Kinda dissapointed, Rockstar. Moar trailers!
That's what I was thinking.
I had about zero interest in this game and I don't think any amount of facial hair can change that.
Some interesting gameplay might.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Our own sound guy, and Pony Jam visionary, Nick [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/CaptainCrunch] is growing a mighty Mustache of his own to fight cancer [http://www.mustachesvscancer.org/index.php?task=profile&id=389].

If you've got some extra cash and hate cancer, help him out! :)

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Can't wait for this game; Western games are few and far between but are ALWAYS great and this is a sequel to the best western game of them all.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Mustaches, bah, they tickle my lips and are annoying. But if it was beards then I could do that. Back when I was a scrub in college I had a 10" beard. still have some pictures of it, was pretty sweet.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Curse my silky smooth teenage face! I wouldn't be able to grow a mustache even if I tried.

Apr 28, 2008
I may give this a shot.

I can't grow a beard to save my live, but a moustache?

Mine grows back like every 3 days, this should be fun :D

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Grayjack72 said:
Curse my silky smooth teenage face! I wouldn't be able to grow a mustache even if I tried.
You think you're mustache-deprived?