Stolen Pixels #138: On the Borderbus

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #138: On the Borderbus

Mordecai rides the short bus to Borderlands.

Read Full Article

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Haha... Yea.. That 'Ability' in that game does seem kinda funny when compared to the other characters ones.

Though my turret always dies way too quickly to actually deal damage.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Nice one. got a laugh out of that.
or maybe a midget-laugh... still a laugh...

heh, Mordecai is brilliant :D
he's meant to be the sniper, but I only ever find good shotguns...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Teeheehee. Funny, that was exactly my reaction to Mordecai's 'special attack'.
And, of course, I had to play as him. Not even much of a competition, actually. The 'murderous coward' argument is very appealing to me, too. xD

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
I has a bird. Pheer meh.

Seriously though, the bird does have its upsides. Since Mordecai is primarily a sniper, it can help if an enemy get too close, and I've heard that it can be really strong against enemies when upgraded.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
I like the bird, it can one hit most targets, and does serious damage to the tougher units

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Inconsistancies Arise said:
Haha... Yea.. That 'Ability' in that game does seem kinda funny when compared to the other characters ones.

Though my turret always dies way too quickly to actually deal damage.
and takes 100 seconds to reload
to be fair, the bird only has 28 seconds or something, so if you get it good, and get the upgrade so it can hit multiple people, it would be quite good

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
That was more or less my original reaction as well, but like everything else in the game Bloodwing gets significantly more badass over time. With a few talents and the class item on my level 30ish Hunter - he currently will dive bomb up to 8 guys for a consistent 2,000 damage, one-shotting most everything but bruisers. I love that little bird now.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Okay now I feel bad cause the first guy I picked was mordecai. However I dont think I have used the bird more then a dozen times however my sniper is about as awesome as it can get.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
when powered up, bloodwing (or shockwing as his ability is now called) kicks all ass: 8 targets, heavy damage, leech health and caused all hit targets to drop more loot. plus a sub 30 second recharge time. coupled with the nasty explosive shot firing sniper rifles and a good healing shield and you are damn near invincible. even against the badasses.