2K Unveils BioShock 2 "Capture the Sister" Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
2K Unveils BioShock 2 "Capture the Sister" Trailer

[gametrailers=58297]​
BioShock 2 [http://www.2kgames.com/] gameplay trailer for Capture the Sister, a team-based multiplayer mode featuring the loudest, squirmiest flag you've ever seen.

You know what Capture the Flag is, right? Capture the Sister is remarkably similar, except instead of running away with a colorful piece of cloth mounted atop a pole, the name of the game is to kidnap a little sister, bring her back to your own neighborhood and stuff her into one of those weird Little Sister Holes that are peppered throughout Rapture.

It looks like both Splicers and Big Daddies will figure into the combat, although how they'll be mixed across teams isn't made clear. One Daddy per team, perhaps computer-controller protectors of the Little Sister? The video doesn't show them tangling with one another so I would expect some limitations to be imposed on their use.

Whatever the case, the inclusion of a CTF-style game mode is hardly surprising given the new focus on multiplayer support in BioShock 2, but does the world really need another minor variation on flag-capturing games? Seriously, I'm yawning here. Somebody give me a shout when 2K announces BioShock Bombing Run [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_Run] and then maybe we'll have something interesting to talk about.

Source: GameTrailers [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/capture-the-bioshock-2/58297?r=1]

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Wow. Just... wow.

The incidental voices for the characters, from the Little Sisters to the other players ("You're getting rusty, metal man!"), really push this over from the realm of "standard FPS multiplayer" to "something I have to play."

Well played, 2K. Well played.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
That was creepy man, with the little sister screaming and the splicers shooting of like the fourth of July. Jesus man and they finally came out with a release date, yay.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Okay that 50's style cartoon demonstration thing was REALLY creepy... In the context of Bioshock it makes sense, but doesnt subtract from the fact that it sounded you being encouraged to go outside with your buds and kidnap little girls... Which of course, the media will probably jump all over about 2 weeks after the release day...

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Something about this that I can't quite put my finger on creeps me out about this mode, and it's not 100% original, but it's interesting, so who cares? I still plan on getting Bioshock 2 anyway.

This new mode has me even more excited; it's like Gears of War's Meatflag mode taken to its logical extreme.

EDIT- And something about this mode brings to mind a Little Sister with a red flag attached to the top of her head. I wonder if that's what they'll look like. :p

hansari

May 31, 2009
GamerLuck said:
In the context of Bioshock it makes sense, but doesnt subtract from the fact that it sounded you being encouraged to go outside with your buds and kidnap little girls... Which of course, the media will probably jump all over about 2 weeks after the release day...
Yeah, I can't really get over that hurdle of logic either :p

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Hey there, GLaDOS, it seems like you got new voice software.

I just know that people are going to be put in awkward situations when somebody walks in on them carrying screaming girls around and stuffing them into vents.

Orange_Clockwork

Oct 29, 2009
It looks like a pretty cool twist on CTF. Especially, since it's a living flag. Though, a tacked on multi-player element won;t sway me to buy it just yet.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
looks neat, it'll be worth a taste, but look:

if that ***** screams every single time you pick her up, that is more than enough negative reinforcement to put me off that game for good.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Grabbing little girls then running like hell? Does anyone else forsee a Pedobear mod in this game's future?
You just made this game about ten times cooler!